Written In The Stars

(Roger's POV)

I walked across the green grass, which seemed dark as the sun had already disappeared from our sight, and the moon was up in the sky, shining down on us. We were walking in the park, in the path that lead us to our usual spot in Hyde Park, where we would always sit and have our picnics.

To my right was Brian, who held my hand tightly in his. His long slender fingers entwined with mine, feeling his warmness spreading against my skin. In his other hand, he held a wooden basket where he had already placed all we needed for a picnic into the night; a bottle of champagne, two small boxes with salad, two other boxes with spaghetti, two pieces of Brian's favourite apple pie from the restaurant near our house, and a red blanket which we usually used for our picnics.

Brian May was a tall man, two years older to me. He had the most beautiful pair of hazel eyes and the shiniest, curliest dark brown hair I had ever seen. I have to admit, yes, he had a quite long nose, but under it, his perfectly soft lips were always spread in a big loving smile. He was the only person I knew who could combine both music and studies, and get the best results out of both of them. He was a brilliant student at Imperial College London, learning mathematics and physics, and at the same time, he and his friend, Tim Staffell, formed a band called "Smile"- Brian was the guitarist, playing in his homemade red guitar, which he had built with his father, Tim was the lead singer and bassist, and I was the drummer. Two years later, Tim decided to leave the band, and his friend, Freddie Mercury, replaced him, and John Deacon joined as a bassist.

Brian May was my man, and I was thankful for that.

Brian was also carrying a backpack, in which he had his astronomy books and a small telescope that I bought for his birthday just almost half a year ago. Ever since I bought him his telescope, he would take it with us to every picnic, along with his books. He would always explain to me everything that was going up there, recognizing each star by its name and showing them to me with excitement.

I had Brian's guitar case on my back, his acoustic guitar neatly placed inside it. Brian would always play songs for me, some by famous singers and some that were written by him. I have never heard anyone playing guitar the way he did, and I found him even better than the famous guitarists. He had this passion for music when he was playing, and I could tell by his true smile across his lips and that sparkle he had in his eyes that every time he played that he was enjoying it.

Me and Brian had picnics together very often at Hyde Park, in order to have some time together as we spent most of the time learning for tests and doing our homework or rehearsing with the band.

But this time, we did have a reason for our picnic. Today, 12th of August, 1971, is mine and Brian's 3rd anniversary. The time seemed to pass so quickly ever since I met him, but this is how it is when you spend your time in happiness with your loved ones.

I watched as Brian placed the basket on the grass, carefully placing his backpack next to it, "Will you help me with the blanket, Rog?" He asked, looking up at me.

I smiled and nodded, kneeling down in front of the basket with him and carefully pulling the red blanket out of the basket. I unfolded it and watched Brian grabbing two of the corners of the soft, red fabric in his hands before I did the same, feeling its soft texture against my fingers, which felt almost tickling.

I helped Brian to spread the red blanket over the slightly cold, fresh grass and sat on it with him, pulling the guitar, basket and backpack to the corner of the blanket, leaving enough place for us to lay on.

"Will you pull out the food while I set this telescope, love?" Brian asked with a smile as he unzipped his bag and pulled out the rectangle shaped box, pulling the folded telescope out of it.