4

Your P.O.V.

"You're my muse, Y/n."

I hugged myself tighter with my blanket and sunk my chin between my arms. The sound of rain had already stopped at least an hour ago, and yet I still couldn't get up from the couch.

I didn't have any energy left after Wonyoung stepped out the door. All that occupied my head was how dumb I was for letting her leave. For making things bigger and worse. And as I drown in regret, the memory of what transpired earlier kept on replying in my head.

After she said those words, I couldn't hold back the tear from falling down my face.

"You know how much you mean to me. And I can't just let you go like this." she muttered as more tears escaped her eyes.

"But we have to. And it's not just the money, Wonyoung." I replied.

I wiped my cheeks and breathed deeply.

"You know that we can't just keep our relationship a secret. Your parents hate my very existence, and we always have to hide because we can't let the people know." I added.

"But I love you--"

"Love isn't enough for everything." I reasoned.

"It is enough for me. Because I have you. All I need is you." she took my hands and I can feel how her arms were hesitating whether to embrace me or not.

I shook my head and took a step away. No matter how much I yearned for her warmth and touch, I can't just take it. It will be harder for the both of us.

"We can't. I can't do it anymore." I looked down.

She put her hands away and nodded her head subtly. After wiping her tears, she sighed and took a very long look at me.

What happened next was something I couldn't avoid. She took a large step and quickly wrapped her slender arms around me. Her embrace was so tight that I can feel her heartbeat against mine.

"I can never love anyone else the way I love you." she whispered close to my ear.

My body shuddered at her words. Tears started falling continuously from my eyes but all I could do was savor the moment.

Before I knew it, her warmth was gone. I only heard the door open and close before I collapsed down on the couch.

I sobbed and sulked for as long as that moment replayed in my mind. And for all I know, it will be stuck with me for a long time.

"Y/n."

I lifted my head up and saw Yujin standing on the doorway. When she saw the state that I was in, she immediately closed the door and went to sit beside me.

"It's okay, I'm here." she then pulled me closer and rubbed my back comfortingly.

"Yujin..." my tears poured down automatically, like a switch that gets turned on as soon as I was held.

We both didn't exchange any words and just enjoyed this comfortable embrace. She knew that I didn't need to hear any lecture or nagging right now, and I was grateful for that.

"She came here and talked to me." I mumbled, causing her to pull away and look at me.

"She did? How did it go?" she asked.

"Not good. It's like we broke up for the second time." I chuckled bitterly.

She gave me an apologetic smile and patted my shoulder softly.