fall guys

hi there! i hope you enjoy this one shot of eric (mcnasty) x reader :D if you don't have the game "fall guys" then just imagine it's another multiplayer video game you enjoy! 

you had somehow convinced eric to play fall guys duos with you, and despite him being godly at the game he despised the little bean characters and the game in general. you had already been eliminated this round and were currently spectating eric finish the race for this round. 

"are you recording?" you inquired now realizing that the conversation had gone silent on both of your ends. you hoped he wasn't recording because you weren't. the only sound being the background noise of the game and the little noises the little beans made. 

"nah." he replied bluntly as the next round started. he fell off the map and began to make these strange noises in defeat. "i've been taking a break from recording- at least from right now and i'd rather spend time with you without worrying about recording, editing and all that shit." you felt your heart flutter at his words, you didn't know what to think of it. he would act flirtatious around you all the time with the other boys but this time it was just the two of you. maybe it wasn't an ongoing joke maybe he genuinely had feelings towards you. but you pushed that aside before you began to think too much into the subject matter. 

"oh, well, i guess i enjoy spending time with you, also." you replied nonchalantly yet your face felt warmer and warmer. "no homo though." you watched your screen turn to eliminated as eric's character failed to get to win the crown at the very end of the race. 

he laughed from the other side of the discord call, agreeing with you on the last statement. you restarted the game and joined duos noticing that your characters were on the opposite side of the game arena. as soon as the found started you ran to where his character was pushing and pulling him earning laughs and grunts from him as his character tried to escape your grip. playful banter. 

"listen if you keep pushing me i'm gonna push you up against a wall."

holy fuck now you knew your cheeks felt warm and why you felt so hot. you deeply exhaled, your breath sounding shaky which made you sound more on edge then what you were. eric, hearing your quivery voice simply laughed and told you that it was just a joke through broken chuckles. but you couldn't get those words out of your head. friends don't stay that to each other, not even best friends say that too each other, right? you stuttered trying to get a response out of your lips. 

"oh what, you didn't like that?" his voice was low and seductive, a hum leaving his sentence. leaving you so confused by his words, your thoughts and feelings were mixed. sure, you found him attractive but he was also considered to be your best friend. and the thought of the friend group collapsing because of your feelings that might not even be returned. "i'm only joking, (y/n), you know i love you."

"me too. but don't make it awkward." your voice was low and quiet almost coming out as a murmur, finally realizing you'd admitted your feelings over a game of fall guys.