ii. MORE THAN A PRETTY FACE

chapter two,        more than a pretty face

              Five had been alone since he was sixteen years old

              Five had been alone since he was sixteen years old. Something Lorena could somewhat relate to. Being kept in The Handler's possession like she was some trophy. The only thing she had was her brother, Atlas.

Atlas had certainly been the only thing ever possibly capable of keeping Lorena stable. Without him being there, she would have far been down the path of her rebellion, surviving without the force of the Commission. However, that wasn't her reality. She doubted it ever could be. She had to suck up what she was given, and treat it like a it was god gifted. Simply to please The Handler.

Lorena has had her fair share of disagreements, and arguments with The Handler. She wanted freedom, something she couldn't reach or obtain. Eventually, Rena got use to it. Used it to shape a new form of personality for herself. She wanted to be dangerous. She loved the fact that she could have the potential to be much more than dangerous. She let The Handler influence her in far ways.

She was good at luring. With her charm, and beauty — it was easy. But she wanted more. She wanted more than to be a pretty face. She was never allowed that. Her unsustainable powers were the reason. She couldn't control them, and apparently no one was willing enough to help her learn control. She was expected to learn it on her own, with little guidance.

There was an opening, for her to become more. Something that Lorena could use to prove to The Handler that she could be more.

She had the mission to become close to the Hargreeves family. Or at least one member of the family. Which would give her access to the rest.

There was no specific member of Umbrella Academy that she was looking at. She simply picked the one who would give her the most luck.

Diego Hargreeves.

Showing up alone in an alleyway was all Diego needed. He took her in, cared for her, and fed her. He became like a supposed brother figure.

That was one of the hardest situations of the mission. She had to lie about not having any family — meaning her brother. The parents part was true, they were ripped from her like it was a piece of paper.