six /

The team arrived in the famed town of Farren, individuals of various species and race wandering the streets. They put their horses in the nearest stable and set to find Lugdum the Orc. Hiera guided the troop to a tavern, hearing loud music and endless cheers of joy and ecstatic drunkenness in the late afternoon. Farren was known for its alcohol export and its people took pride in the tavern culture.

"Andrius and I will discuss specifics with Lugdum," Hiera told the two younger boys. "We will inform you of everything discussed after. You can explore the town for now, but return in 30 minutes."

"Understood," Soobin nodded, watching as Hiera and Andrius entered the tavern, the doors closing behind them. "We can separate, I don't want to be seen with you—"

"Oh, please," Yeonjun scoffed, rolling his eyes playfully. "Would you rather we duel upon the rooftops and gaze wistfully upon me as I fall because you have finally won?"

"My 'gazes' towards you hold nothing but contempt."

"Tch — liar."

Soobin glared, scoffing as he crossed his arms. "Fine, we can walk around together. Where would you like to go?"

"Somewhere with less people — I know you'd prefer it."

Soobin knew he was right — he wasn't fond of crowds, choosing to be on his own rather than with other people. "The outer city seemed peaceful enough. The fields of dandelions..."

"And the sunset should be arriving soon," Yeonjun nodded enthusiastically. "Let's go, my dear foe."

Soobin didn't comment on the sudden name and simply walked beside Yeonjun. The town wasn't as bustling and loud as Vaundy City was, but even this quaint little town had areas of interest — mainly the numerous taverns and eateries. Food stalls were rare, but it was said that more come out during the night hours.

The pair exited the town area, heading for the large and sparse hills. Decorating the fields were various summer flowers and dandelions of white tufts. While they were widely spread, the vegetation still practically covered the land.

"What a beautiful view!" Yeonjun suddenly exclaimed as they reached the top of one of the grassy hills. Soobin had to smile as the older jogged forward in excitement. Yeonjun groaned as if he were an elder as he sat down on the grass, facing the sunset that greeted the end of the day's journey. "Join me, my enemy."

"Please do not call me that."

Soobin sat down, keeping quite some distance between them. Silence overcame, lingering in the air as the two trailed into their own thoughts as they simply stared ahead of them.

"Why not?"

Soobin looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Hm?"

"Being the enemy of Soobin Astra is somehow a point of pride," Yeonjun said, not looking over at the other. "So why can't I call you my enemy? You refuse to be called by any other name. You call me a nuisance, a bother, an annoyance, an irritation... yet I can't think of anything malicious to name you. Simply calling you my foe is as much as I can do."

Soobin looked down at his lap, pressing his lips together. He was deep in thought for a few seconds before sighing. "C..."

"Huh?"

Soobin avoided his eyes, the tint upon his cheeks giving him a bashful glow. "Call me by my name... as a f... a friend would..."

Yeonjun stared in shock at the other. Soobin still refused to meet his eyes, for too embarrassed to even consider glancing at the older male. Yeonjun smiled, shifting over slowly until the distance between them slowly grew smaller. "Okay, Soobin."

The other relaxed slightly, but was still hesitant to make eye contact. Yeonjun was much bolder, but was nervous as well. Would Soobin, whom had only seen him as an obstacle to greatness, finally tolerate him? It was an unusual thought. He cleared his throat and Soobin looked at him. "What's wrong?"

"Today has really worn me out," Yeonjun muttered, lying down on the grass and using his forearms as a rest for his head. Soobin watched awkwardly before Yeonjun laughed. "Join me, you idiot."

Soobin lied down as well, staring alongside Yeonjun at the purple sky, slowly transitioning into the darkened night sky. A warm silence joined them this time, lingering peacefully in the quiet air. Soobin's heart was still rushing wildly in his chest. "Y... Yeonjun?"

"Yes, Soobin?"

"Have you ever... fallen in love?"

"Love? I'm not allowed to feel love," Yeonjun uttered, looking up at the sky with a wistful chuckle. Sensing Soobin's curiosity, he spoke further. "It was my price to pay to hold this Signet. I can't ever feel love in order to have this power. I have no love, no sympathy, no joy — no family. I have nothing worth living for."

Soobin widened his eyes. "What a terrible price..."

"It's been years, I'm not bothered by it," Yeonjun shrugged, looking at the other. "What was your price to pay?"

"My price? I believe I sacrificed my name," Soobin said in response. "Despite my parents being fairly honoured and grand, no one remembers my name. It's a shame, seeing as I want my name to be remembered throughout history. No-one remembers my name if they do not see my face, making it difficult for my deeds to be wide-spread."

"I could never forget your name, it seems."

"Other Signet holders seem to remember who I am," Soobin explained. "It's still a shame. It's unfortunate, but at least my good deeds are not for social recognition, but for the sake of being good."

Yeonjun smiled. "How humble. However... why would you ask me if I have ever been in love? A rather strange question."

"Because your words are... amorous at most. I hate the language of the flirtatious, and you seem to indulge in it like the little flirt you are."

"Does it make your heart flutter and thump in your chest?"

"N-no, shut up."

"What a shame — it does for me." Soobin looked at him in confusion and Yeonjun suddenly sat up, still looking over at him. "I should just ask my Signet for a chance at love, because I believe that I deserve to gaze at you with true adoration and fondness."

"Care to explain?"

"You idiot, I like you."