Chapter 1

A/n: This is an idea I had for a while after rewatching OSP of  Monkey King and LMK. This fanfic came to mind and went through many rewrites to make it feel right. (At least to me). So I hope you enjoy it!  

Another bright day in the celestial realm, sun shining, and peace in the air. If only it could stay like this for a little longer, but the sounds of boredom ranged throughout the immortal peach garden.

"This is so boring!" An irritated Wukong whinnied. Why weren't there any demons coming to steal? Or someone he can talk into doing this task? His mind was racing with thoughts of running to have some fun, not noticing a (H/C) maiden walking in to see the trees and their buds of peaches and flowers.

A maiden was sent by the Heavenly Queen, to see how the fruits were coming along. She carefully minded her own business, seeing the monkey guard in a frustrated posture, not even batting an eye to his muttering nonsense. He was getting tired of watching peaches and not battling or anything.

When the maiden strolled in a close range of him, his ear twitched, and he saw her. The(H/C) maiden examed the peaches carefully and wrote something down. Before she could finish writing, she heard a chuckle close to her ear. She turns to see Sun Wukong holding his staff close to her face.

"You are picky if you came all this way to steal a peach." He said as the maiden huffed a bit before pushing his staff away from her. "I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm not a thief." She said as she walked away from him. Wukong almost stood there, stunned at her boldness.

"Woah! who said you can leave?" He said as he moved in front of the maiden. The maiden furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance.

"I am here to see how the peaches are coming along. You should be focusing on guarding this place!" She huffed and moved away from him. "I am guarding this place!" He retorted, causing the maiden to roll her eyes.

"Really? Because I walked in here so effortlessly! Who knows what would have happened if I was someone else!" She turned to him, giving him a stern look. Only to see Wukong was picking at his ear and leaning on his staff.

"What you say?" He reacted unfazed. She realized he didn't even pay attention to her advice. She had to take a few deep breaths before she whispered, "why did the jade emperor choose you for an important task?"

"Because I am the great sage equal to heaven! A task like this needs to be taken by someone amazing like me!" He said with pride as he posed on his anubis cloud.

"I have never heard of you...Also, you were just whining about this!" (Y/n) said as she went back to look at the peach buds. He gasped loudly and sounded very offended.

"You never heard of Sun Wukong! And no, I wasn't! " She shook her head and bluntly replied, "Nope, I only heard that there was a menace in heavens court. Now I'm assuming that's you." She saw his eye twitch a bit before he said with a cocky grin, "Well, that is pretty rude coming from a peach theft!" His tail wrapped around her waist and forced her to turn towards him. She swiftly swats his tail off of her.

"Again! I am not a thief! I am one of the eight colored coded maidens from the empress. I was following orders to come here to see how things were going. It turns out they are going terrible if you're in charge." The maiden expressed as she scanned him up and down, shaking her head again.

"Hey, I am doing a great job watching these trees!" He said before he got off his cloud. "If you think I'm doing so poorly, then why don't you come and guard this place instead?" She thought about this but knew she wasn't much of a fighter.

"Sadly, I can't, but I will be coming by more. It would be best if someone kept an eye on you. At least till you understand how important this duty is." She said. It took a minute for him to process what the maiden had said.