34 | The Final Warning

Chapter 34 - The final Warning

Marinette's POV

I woke up with a massive smile on my face, memories from yesterday resurfacing in my head.

Maybe me and Chat got a little carried away but nevertheless it's safe to say we both for sure enjoyed it.

But thinking about yesterday left some questions spinning around in my head.

What does this mean then?

What are we? Friends with benefits?

Does he want this or not?

Are we going to take things a step further or bring it back a step?

So many unanswered questions spiralled in my head.

I noticed Chat was still sleeping next to me. He was fast asleep, snoring softly making me wonder what time it was.

I know I feel asleep during the movie but I never got to see what time it was.

I tried looking for Tikki but noticed she was still fast asleep as well. Well there goes that idea.

My laptop was still on my bed from last night, so I carefully grabbed it with my free hand and opened it to see what time it was.

5:45am.

Wow. I've never woken up that early before.

Especially on a school day.

I noticed Chat beginning to stir in his sleep and before I knew it, he had woken up.

"Morning Chat." I smiled sleepily.

"Morning princess, why are you awake so early." He mumbled, clearly still half asleep.

I just loved hearing his morning voice. It's so attractive for no reason.

"I don't know, the world decided to wake me up." I shrugged.

"Okay."

We fell into a comfortable silence. Chat closed his eyes again but I stopped him from doing so.

"Don't fall back asleep. You have to go soon and I want to spend time with you before you go." I shook him as I complained.

"Alright, alright. I'm awake." He sighed as I clapped my hands in excitement.

"Come on." I took some blankets then made my way onto my balcony.

Since I had actually woke up on time for once, I could watch some of the sunrise. So I covered myself with one of the blankets and stood at the balcony railings, staring up at the sky.

I stood in awe of the rosy pink sky. There were minimal cars driving about in the city, most likely going to work. The birds were still in their peaceful slumber leaving only the cars to make faint noises as they drives through the streets.

It was peaceful. And breathtakingly beautiful.

"It's beautiful isn't it." Chat whispered as he stood next to me also glancing up at the sky.

I nodded as I turned to look at Chat. "Thank you Chat."

"For?"

"Everything." I pulled him in for a hug. "I'm glad it was you. You're the only one I fully trust."

We fell into a silence, embracing each other and melting into the hug before Chat spoke up. "You're welcome Mari. I will always protect you."