prologue

DISCLAIMERThis entire piece is a work of fiction. The characters' personalities have no relation to reality.

. . .

You were conversing with Clairo on Skype when she said, "You know— you and Rhed would make such a cute couple

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

You were conversing with Clairo on Skype when she said, "You know— you and Rhed would make such a cute couple."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"What do you mean?" you ask, "We're literally at each other's throats

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"What do you mean?" you ask, "We're literally at each other's throats."

"Doesn't matter— whether at odds or not, you guys are still cute," Clairo says, smirking, "and you're both single, I guess it's fate."

You kept mum as the topic made you uneasy, or maybe because you were stunned. You wonder why Clairo suddenly brought up this topic. Yet you simply didn't care since you assumed it will soon pass—  but that's what you thought.

There was a brief moment of silence before Clairo's following words caught you somewhat off guard.

"You should ask her out!" You heard her squeal, but you tried your hardest not to lose your cool.

"I never ask anyone."

"Exactly—  that's why I'm suggesting that you make the approach," Clairo shrugs. "Every experience has its first."

You avert your gaze from the screen and bit your bottom lip. It was difficult for you to remain silent at this point. And you've been meaning to tell Clairo, your best friend, everything.

"Clairo— "

"Come on, Hannah," you heard Clairo beg, "just give it a shot, yeah?"

You stared at your best friend through your glowing screen before shaking your head in disbelief.  You were simply too amused by the scene. If anyone had seen you in that position right now, they would have been in awe— and sure enough, you are too sneaky for that.

About Clairo, you knew she had no clue about your little secret— and you felt awful for that as she was your best friend. It's like secretly betraying her for not sharing your secret— and just the thought of that made you feel like a crappy friend.

Don't get yourself wrong, it's just not something a friend would do.

But suddenly, out of the blue, you heard a grunt, and perhaps Clairo as well since she paused mid-sentence while rambling on about whatever.

"Did you just moan?"

"W-what?" you felt yourself panicking, "No!"

"Oh my god—  is that why your room is so dark?" you saw your best friend cover her lips, "did I perhaps interrupt your session or—"

"Clairo—what the hell?!" you shut her, but all you heard was Clairo laughing her ass off.

"Okay, okay, I was joking."

You found yourself rolling your eyes at her antics.

"So— what do you say?" she repeats her question.

But little did your best friend know, meanwhile, that she was actually laying on your lap, cuddling your tummy.

She was sleeping soundly, the reason why Clairo blamed you for moaning when you absolutely did not. Extreme butterflies instantly arose in your stomach when you felt her move as she hugged you tight.

It had a lovely but unsettling experience. But you had to keep it this way or you'd freak your friends out. You swore to tell them someday. Possibly as soon as the right time comes.

You gazed at her cute face and softly stroked her hair before answering, "No," and again returning your attention to your glowing screen, "Not a chance."

Significant Bother • Catnipzजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें