The Reunion || Chapter 4

Tommy walked through the snowy plain biome leaving footprints behind him, the coldness, the shivers but the pain held deep down inside him was hard to keep in. He clutch his hand, his heart was desired for something.. something that he doesn't even know what it is; after meeting with Philza and Technoblade, he had no one or nowhere else to turn to. He was on his own, by himself, just him. Even if he had the others, what could they possibly do? They were like the rest, Tommy thought. He just wants a victory, a win to satisfy his own desires. He just wants something to feel like I've done it, this is it, this is all I wanted even though he knows this is immoral as it is. The time when Tommy managed to take both of Dream's lives during the disc war. He felt so good, his desires were beginning to eat him from the inside.

The only thing that's keeping him alive was Wilbur. Now that Wilbur's back and alive. He has no use for Dream now, right? Hell, he's not even sure if he wanted Wilbur back. The deed has been done. No more empty promises. He's got what he wanted. He'll finish what he started during that suffocating black box, clenching the axe of peace, he's determined more than ever. Determined much, much more.

"Well, well.. look who we have here~.." A voice spoke, a familiar voice. Tommy knew right there and then who it was. Was he prepared? Was he ready? He didn't turn around, he stop at his step. The cold silent wind only fills the air, Dream. The man himself, in a full set of netherite armour, a sword all prepare as he smirked at Tommy.

"Not going to greet your old friend?..~" He tilted his head swinging his sword left and right before Tommy turned around and stare at Dream. This was it, this was finally it. He can defeat Dream right here, right now. No one around to stop him from doing so, Tommy put his hand out slowly taking out his sword and pointed at the man with the mask but something hit him. His hand was trembling, his heart starts to race and he-.. he felt.. scared. Dream raised an eyebrow towards Tommy as he take this as an advantage and ender pearl behind Tommy swinging his sword directly at Tommy's face making a scar across his face.

"Still the same as always, huh Tommy?" Dream smiled from behind the mask watching Tommy holding onto his face, blood slowly dripped down to the ground from his face to his hand. Tommy couldn't believe it, he couldn't do it. He-.. he froze, why? He had him right there! But it wasn't him, it was his own self who did it. He was prepared but deep inside him, he wasn't fully prepared.

Dream leaned down and stare at Tommy, laughing. "Oh, Tommy..~ Don't try to bring anyone down to your knee, lift everyone up above your head. You'll be the same old Tommy from before..~"

He was mocking Tommy but Tommy didn't react or look at him, he was terrified and in fear. Those words, he is hearing them again in his head; unable to get it out. Dream, who did nothing just stood there chuckling at the wounded Tommy. How long he has been waiting for this, reuniting with his old 'friend' or should he said.. his pawn. He made a wrong move, without anyone by his side, he is as defenseless as a pawn. The weakest of the chain. Killable as many others. So focused and only moves his piece toward the opponent's king, who is also as defenseless as him, can just simply move away until he as well can strike full force when the opportunity comes by.

This isn't checkmate. It's a check. The game hasn't ended.

Dream isn't trapped. Tommy is.

"Tommy!" Tubbo shouted out for his name, Dream knew he'll meet his pawn again soon; very soon.

"Farewell, Tommy. Have fun while you last.~" He chuckled as he soon ender pearl away leaving Tommy alone, wounded with the scar across his face when far at the distance, he spotted Tubbo along with Ranboo. He was weak, his vision was blurry but all he could feel was just pain. Tubbo was looking for Tommy when he suddenly turn his gaze towards the blond boy and hurriedly rushed towards him with Ranboo but by the time the both of them got there.. he passed out. Tubbo gasped when he noticed the scar across Tommy's face, Ranboo looked around the area and picked up Tommy, carrying him.

"What happened here..?" Ranboo muttered, looking over at Tubbo.

"Dream.." Tubbo whispered the name. He was here, Tommy. He looked at Tommy, seeing how badly his state is. He trusted him but in the end, he ended up seeing his best friend getting hurt by the person they were scared of.

"We need to take him to Phil, he can heal the scar on his face."

"Was Dream.. really..?" Tubbo kept quiet, just hearing the name of the man, the man who destroyed their life. It just brings him to fear, terror and past memories back when he exiled Tommy all because of Dream, him.

"Tubbo..?" Ranboo looked at him, concerned.

"Hu-Huh? U-Um, I-I don't know. Let's go." As the both of them strode off with Ranboo the unconscious Tommy in his arms, they headed to the cabin but little didn't they know... Dream broke Tommy. He broke him, he broke his mind into pieces. When they arrived at the cabin, Phil quickly rushed over and opened the door only to be greeted by Tubbo and Ranboo holding Tommy in his arms, passed out.

"What happened!?" He took Tommy from Ranboo and invited them inside as he placed Tommy down on the couch before looking over at Tubbo.

"Dream.. he-.." Then he went silent. Phil sighed, he knew this would have happened but Tommy was stubborn and now look at what has happened to him. If only Phil was there, he would have been there with Tommy; protecting him from Dream but he wasn't there. He wasn't there.

"..He'll be fine, just need to patch up his face and he'll be fine." Tubbo and Ranboo sighed in relief, as long as Tommy's fine, they are relieved.

"What about Dream? Is he going to strike again?" Tubbo asked. But Phil kept silent before looking over at Tommy, was Dream really going to do it again? Coming after Tommy? If he had the answer, he'll tell but he doesn't know.

"For all I know, mate.." Phil turned and looked at Tubbo and Ranboo.

-

"I don't know about his motives."