3- Regrets.

WARNING!

This is an updated chapter of the remake! (Dwight is now in Multimedia)
-
August

"Bro, you wanna just slide right now since neither of us ain't changing our clothes?" Chris asked, looking at the road. I nodded.

"Man I guess. I mean we right around the corner and even if we go to yo' crib to chill that's still out of the way." I replied, pointing out the street sign. He nodded, making a left turn before parking.

"Aight lil bruh... We here." He spoke, killing the engine and walking up the steps. He peeked into the window before banging on the door. I honestly ain't even wanna come to this lil party cause I ain't know anybody but here I am. A minute passed before the door swung open; revealing who I'll assume was Chris' friend.

"Wassup bro!" He cheered planting a smile across his face. He dapped Chris before looking at me a head nodding. I returned the nod.

"Wassup D?!" Chris asked, patting his shoulder.

"Ain't shit, niggas just been around here four what we always do. Chillin'." He replied. Chris nodded before walking inside. Before niggas was even two feet in the door a big ass cloud of heat smacked us both. Shaking my head, I continued to follow behind Chris when I felt someone grab my hand, pulling me back.

Turning around, I noticed it was a girl. She was 5'7, crinkly long hair with milk chocolate skin. She smiled, looking me up and down. I just sat there with the same expression on my face waiting for her to speak. I was already thrown off by shorty grabbing my hand like that... but maybe that was how these Cali folks rocked.

"Sorry if I scared you... I've never seen you around school before. Are you new?" She asked, letting go of my hand.

"Yeah, I been here for about 2 and a half months. I graduated school early when I was back in New Orleans so that maybe why you never seen me in school."

"Oh... I'm Jamie." She smiled, holding out her hand.

Shaking her hand I responded before turning to walk away, "August...." I trailed off, looking around for Chris. Back to lil shorty. She was cute, but she wasn't Ashiya and that was who I had my eye on.

I felt someone tap my shoulder causing me to turn around. It was Jamie again, "I really hope I'm not being a bother.. I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to dance with me?" She smiled. I shrugged, nodding.

Dancing ain't gon' hurt nobody.

She grabbed my hand, walking over to an empty space before turning around and dancing on me. I smirked slightly but truth was... I was the least interested in what was going on. Now usually? I would entertain it but this time was different. I just sat there, waiting for it to be over.

I cleared my throat, standing up. She turned back looking at me. "My fault, um I'm about to go grab a drink real quick." I told her.

"You want me to come?" She asked. I shook my head, walking off. I ain't know if she was following, hell I ain't even care. I walked up to the table, analyzing everything. I mixed a few drinks in one cup befor taking it and walking away.

I was walking when someone bumped into me causing me to spill some of my drink; it was Jamie. She looked at me before backing away. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you." She frowned, frantically trying to wipe the spilled alcohol off my jacket. I chuckled slightly.

"You apologize way too much shorty. It's cool." I smiled slightly.

"It's a habit... sorry." she muttered, looking down.