The Staircase Incident

Diluc sat at his desk, holding a piece of paper above the tip of his pointer finger, letting out a sigh as the tip of the paper caught aflame. The paper slowly burned, the ashes collecting into Diluc's hand. The loud slamming of a door against the wall caused the man to jump, the ashes scattering across his desk. "Kaeya!"

Another man stood in the doorway, Diluc's brother Kaeya. "Sorry, sorry. Moon's come over. We were going to head out to the tavern, would you like to join us?"

As he stood up, Diluc wiped his hands off and raised an eyebrow at Kaeya. "You think I want to go drinking? First of all, I have things to do here, second, I hate alcohol."

Kaeya laughed. "Oh yeah, you have so many things to do, like burning random papers."

Diluc scoffed at Kaeya, a frown on his face. He pulled a hair tie off of his wrist, pulling his hair into a loose low ponytail and sighing. "Fine, I'll come along, but don't expect for me to enjoy it, drink anything, or to stay for the entire time."

Moon clapped her hands together happily from where she stood behind Kaeya. "Oh man, Diluc at a tavern? This certainly will be exciting. Who knows, maybe he'll finally meet a suitor."

"Oh that would be priceless. The odds of him marrying are next to nothing! Father is practically breathing down his neck about him getting married soon-"

"That's enough Kaeya. Miss Moon doesn't need to know my entire life story, and I don't appreciate you sharing that information for me," Diluc scoffed, glaring at Kaeya.

"Oh no, I definitely do need to hear your entire life story. Kaeya can tell me more on our way to the tavern," Moon laughed as they began to walk down the castle halls.

Moon's hooves echoed on the marble floors as she walked alongside Kaeya, Diluc walking several feet behind them. Charms dangling off of Moon's antlers reflected off the shiny floors and the sound of them bumping against each other and Moon's antlers echoed alongside her footsteps.

The group walked in silence to the main staircase, where things began to go wrong. Moon tripped on the carpet running up the stairs, tumbling down in a mess of hooves, antlers, and jewelry.

Kayea laughed and he watched, making Diluc groan yet again. Diluc leaned against the banister, looking away as he stuck one leg out, causing Kaeya, who wasn't paying attention, to fall down and land on Moon with a pained groan.

Diluc looked away, whistling innocently as he shoved his hands into his pockets and walked down the stairs. "Good gods, I think one of Moon's antlers stabbed me in the ass," Kaeya groaned as he rolled off of Moon.

"Oh trust me, that was as unfavorable for me as it was for you," Moon complained as she stood up, brushing herself off and fixing up her jewelry.

"Oh man, if this is going to happen all the time maybe I should go out with you more often. Then again, we haven't even left yet," Diluc said, a smirk on his face.

Kayea stood up and glared at Diluc. "Come on Diluc, it's your fault I fell!"

"Well it certainly wasn't my fault that you fell onto Miss Moon, harming yourself and probably her as well. She shouldn't have fallen in the first place."

Moon glared at both the princes at the same time. "Oh I am going to single handedly going to kill both of you"