A Darkness Open's There Eyes Part 1

Prologue:

Twilight Sparkle was in a misty forest. She walked toward the dark trees along the gray, twisted path. She looked around and called out for her friends. "Hello, is any pony there?" She called again. "Fluttershy? Rainbow Dash? Rarity? Apple Jack? Pinkie Pie? Spike?" No one answered as the wind blew fiercely. A shiver weaved its way down her spine as the wind blew through her purple-pink mane.

Twilight then began to gallop across the twisted path. Her heart raced. Twilight shouted ever loader for her friends. There was no answer but the howling of the wind. Suddenly, as she galloped, the leaves from the trees fell to the ground and wrestled in the wind. The leaves blew around her. A voice slowly began to call out her name. "Twilight, Twilight," the voice said softly. Twilight, slightly frightened by the voice, began to gallop faster. As she ran, the path she trodded on and the forest behind her began to fade away.

In the now-clearing, she saw something. Right ahead, she saw it: a magic mirror. THE magic mirror. The mirror that she had once gone through to visit the human world. Twilight stopped running. She took one more fleeting glance behind herself before she walked slowly up to the mirror. The wind stopped.

It was silent then. Twilight walked up to the mirror and put her hoof against the light purple frame. Her eyes glanced forward into its pool-glass. Then, a transparent pony covered in light jumped in front of the mirror. The apparition screamed: "Help me! I'm stuck! HELP! ME!" Twilight jumped back. Her blood ran cold, her eyes sewn shut by fear. Twilight panted, only after some time did she dare to open her eyes. Twilight nudged her eyes open. She was not met by ghost, mirror, or forest. She saw only her room. Her bed... It was all just a dream.

Spike jumped up. "Twilight," he yelped. "Are you ok?" Twilight paused, she had to reflect on that question. "I just had the strangest dream Spike,"  said Twilight. She paused. "I need to talk to Princess Luna." Spike stood still also confused about the dream. Princess Luna was the only princess in Equestria that could walk into dreams. Thus, she was the only one who could interpret dreams and walk through the dream world. "Spike, get ready to send a letter said Twilight."

The next night Twilight sighed. "Sorry Twilight," said Spike. "Princess Luna hasn't responded yet." It had been a whole day since her cryptic dream, and Twilight was getting nervous. "Are you sure, Spike," asked Twilight. Spike burnt another scroll. Flame turned to dust as another letter was sent to the imperial palace. Spike smacked his lips. "Positive," said Spike as light steam escaped from his nose. Twilight shook her head.

She wasn't truly worried. Not yet. Princess Luna was on a busy schedule, and she rarely went about her business during the day. "If Princess Luna isn't worried, why should I be," Twilight thought to herself. "Besides, I probably just ate too many oat and hay-cereal before bed." Twilight shook her head. With no direct answer, all she could do was her daily duties. Twilight turned to look outside the bedroom window of her castle. She gazed at the bright moon, the light of the night. Twilight Sparkle's fear turned to wonder. Twilight truly wondered what her dream had meant... " She closed her eyes. It would be three years before she got her answer.

Chapter1: A Darkness Opens Its Eyes

It was a beautiful day in Equestria. The sun was shining. "Another brand-new day," thought Twilight as she opened the drapes of her bedroom. It had been three years since Queen Twilight Sparkle had her mysterious dream. So much had transpired over those long years: Twilight had recently been crowned the new Queen of Equestria, Princess Celestia and Luna had now entered retirement, and Cozy Glow, Queen Chrysalis and Lord Tirek had all been imprisoned. Life went on and ponies changed, but it could be said that things were going pretty well for all in Equestria.