Chapter 3- who is my boyfriend?

TW- light smut? Talks of anxiety disorder and medications. Talks of hospitals and medical treatments.

I sat up and opened my eyes at the sound of someone banging on my door.

"Yes?" I called out.

"Honey, I'm leaving early to the lab. There's no need for you to be there this early so I'll catch up with you later? And also there's a boy at the door for you." My mom said peaking her head in.

A boy? At the door? For me? Who could even be at the door? I jumped out of bed and pulled a baggy band hoodie on over my tank top. I had shorts on, whoever it was was going to have to accept me in my pjs.

I shuffled tiredly to the door and opened it. Standing in front of me was no one other than Mr. Steve Harrington. What the hell.

"Hey Shaundra, sorry to just show up like this. There's not many people left in town so it wasn't hard to find you. I hope it's okay that I came by to see you." He smiled shyly.

"No, it's all good. Come in!" I smiled back and moved over so he could come in the door.

He came in and took his shoes off, I wandered into the kitchen and pulled out some cereal. Steve followed behind me. My mom came into the kitchen buttoning up her shirt.

"Hello! I'm Shaundra's mom," she said holding out her hand for Steve.

"Hi, I'm Steve Harrington. I met your daughter yesterday at the high school. It's nice to meet you ma'am." He said politely, shaking her hand.

"Oh what a gentleman! It's nice to meet you too love!" My mom said smiling as she grabbed her lunch out of the fridge.

"Bye mom, I'll see you later." I mumbled through a mouthful of cereal.

"Bye my love! I'll see you after your rounds." She smiled kissing my forehead before heading out.

"Your rounds?" Steve asked.

"Yeah I help out at the lab with my mom, they have a couple patients right now that need bandage changes and basic personal care. I've done it all my life with her so they gave me a few things to do while I finish up school." I sighed as I walked towards the living room to sit on the couch.

Steve followed and plopped down beside me. I turned on the tv and then shuffled so I could face him.

"So why are you here?" I asked smiling.

"I wanted to see how you were doing?" He asked looking down at his hands.

"You saw me less than twenty four hours ago Steve." I laughed poking his knee with my finger.

"I know that! I just know it can be hard moving to a new place with no friends." He said looking up at me.

"Well I have a friend now, a lot less of a struggle." I said placing my head back on the cushion. 

We sat and watched morning cartoons before I had to get ready.

Steve followed me into my room and jumped onto my bed, he started petting Bilbo as he laid beside him.

"I didn't know you had a cat," he said as he scratched his tummy.

"His name is Bilbo, he's my baby." I sighed giving Bilbo a nice scritch on the chin before walking into my bathroom to start my makeup.

Not that I needed much, I was just going to the lab. I put on some mascara and a little eyeliner. And filled in my brows lightly as I decided to put my hair in a half up half down look. I went to my closet to pull out some clean clothes. I decided on a green velvet skirt and a black tank top with a mesh undershirt. I pulled the rest of my clothes I needed and went back into the bathroom to change. I came back out to grab some socks and put on my boots.