024.

Tonight my mom was working late and Maddy was probably with Kat

Tonight my mom was working late and Maddy was probably with Kat. I laid my bike on the side of the house waddling to the front porch. Me and Ashtray havent seen eachother since the day we kissed, but we still texted and shit.

I walk in to my dad cuddling with some younger adult on the couch. He quickly stood up in shock. "Evelyn, I thought you were staying at Lexi's." He mumbled in disbelief.

"No, she had a lot of homework." I shrugged dragging myself to my room and slamming my door. It was dark outside already.

my dads fucking cheating on my mom.

I could hear my dad talking to the woman but couldn't make out exactly what they were saying. I then heard the front door open and slam. My moms voice filled through the house.

My eyes slowly filled with tears as I grabbed my airpods to block out the loud voices. I started playing my playlist and the first thing that came on with Girl with the tattoo enter.lewd by Miguel.

A week went by and my parents were attempting to get divorced. My dad was living with the girl he was caught with that caught, my mom kept the house thank God.

Maddy and me were upset with what my dad did, but it hurt me more than it did her because I was closer to my dad then to my mom. Maddy was the complete opposite.

Ashtray was literally blowing up my phone but I was too upset to tell him anything, I didn't want him feeling bad for me or anything.

ash😟😟

evelyn
bro why aren't u answering me
you've been mia all week
evelyn
pls meet me at the park
or else i'll come over
okay im coming over then.

I sighed tossing my phone onto my bed and wiping my messed up mascara off my face.
Literally 5 minutes go by and Ashtray opens my bedroom door standing there with a frown.

shit my moms at work, maddy must've let him in

"Why are you ghosting me?" He questioned sitting beside me on the bed. I didn't respond and just stared blankly. "You can tell me what's going on you know?" He grabbed my hand that laid on my lap.

"My dad cheated on my mom." I chewed on my lip as he took a minute to process what I said. "Oh shit, im sorry Evelyn." He pressed his lips together.

"Evelyn, what are we to eachother?" He questioned licking his lips. "I have no clue." I mumbled under my breath. "Come on, let's go get some ice cream." He grabbed my hand climbing out my window with me following behind him.

We went to this cute little ice cream parlor and ordered our things. I took a bite of ice cream when he suddenly said something that shocked me. "So. this is kinda random, you wanna be my girlfriend?" He grinned.

"Of course." I smirked leaning across the table to kiss him. "I been tryna ask that for like two weeks straight." He shook his head with a smirk licking the ice cream.

A/N: yea i hate this