Chapter 9 - City Exploration

Today was Saturday. With the academy closed at weekends, Glynne had nothing to do. As such, he decided to spent his free time with something he had been delaying these few days, exploring the city. Right now, he's at the shopping mall. The sight of people walking around while going into the various shops was something Glynne found somewhat enjoyable as his lips curved up.

"This is it, huh... The world everyone is trying to protect..." Glynne muttered in a low tone as held into the necklace hidden under his shirt. He was quite dazed as he seemed to be thinking deeply of something. After a few minutes, Glynne shook his head as he decided that it was enough and continued on his way.

"Ah, is that Glynne?" However, he immediately stopped on his tracks when he heard a familiar voice. He turned around and as he expected, there's a white-haired girl in the distance that he's been hanging out with these passed few days. "It is him! Glynne, over here!"

Glynne furrowed his brows, as he was quite embarrassed to be called out in public with such a loud voice. In order to not get any more attention, he quickly approached her. "Yo, didn't think you'll follow me even here."

"T-that... Hmph, don't be conceited. Who would want to follow you?" Kiana said while crossing her arms. It seemed like she still trying to play innocent. "Anyways, this is just a pure coincidence."

"Oh, is that so?" Glynne simply replied with a wide smile. But for some reason, Kiana seemed to have the urge to punch him in the face. Perhaps because he sensed the impending danger, he immediately tried to change to topic. "By the way, are you alone right now?"

"No... Mei and Bronya are currently waiting for me besides the clothing store at the moment. Had to, uhm... take care of some business so that's why I'm alone right now." Kiana explained, though she seemed quite shy about the last sentence. "How about you?"

"Well..." Glynne trialed off while scratching the back of his neck. "What do you think?"

"Ah... S-sorry, my mistake." Kiana apologized in a flustered tone as she remembered that Glynne was still new to town. Obviously, he's still in the process of adjusting so it's not a surprise if he doesn't have anyone to hang out with at the moment.

Because of this mistake, an awkward atmosphere immediately enveloped the two.

"W-well, you shouldn't worry about it. This much is expected." Glynne said as he tried to laugh it off in order to break the ice.

"Y-yeah, it's your first week here after all." Kiana agreed with him though it really felt like it was by force, this had created an even more awkward atmosphere. Unable to stand it any further, the white-haired girl had to change the topic quickly. "Anyways, are you free right now?"

"Hmm, why ask?" Glynne replied as he was confused by the sudden question.

"N-nothing much... Just wondering." Kiana responded vaguely as she couldn't exactly say that she only asked in order to escape the awkward atmosphere.

"Is that so?" Glynne said, as he seemed a bit suspicious of her. Though it's nothing harmful so he just didn't pry any further. "Well to be honest with you, I'm just wandering around the place. You know, trying to somewhat get familiar with the city."

"Ah, then want to come along with us?" Kiana suggested as her eyes lit up. "We also plan to walk around the city, it might be a good way to show you around."

"Eh? Are you sure?" Glynne asked, as he felt a bit hesitant. "I don't really wanna get in the way with you girls."

"No worries, I'm sure the other two will understand." Kiana reassured him with a smile. "Then, let's go!"