Twelve

"Don't you want to help me?" you ask Levi, pulling the string through the hall.

The man is sitting at the stairs, watching you work with clear abnegation that he doesn't even try to hide.

"To build a trap for Four-eyes and Erwin and join their game like a five-year old, embarrassing myself as a human being?" he asks back.

"Exactly," you answer, tying it to the leg of the table. When the man snorts, you continue. "It would make me happy."

"It's still shit."

"Oi! It's of careful work and exactitude," you shout, going to the door. "They just step in like this and-"

"[Y/N], YOU-"

Levi jumps towards you but he's way too late. The weight runs by the ceiling as you tear the already armed string, then the huge piece of wood falls right over your head and you bend from the pain, seeing stars.

The man barely catches your arm before you drop down at the floor, and naturally, Erwin and Hange arrives home right in this moment.

You rub your forehead, and Levi supports you to keep you on your feet, with an agressive roll of his grey eyes.

"Whoa, who built this trap?" joys Hange as she spots the sophisticated tackle gear above the door.

"I'm proud that you finally descended to our level, Levi," smiles Erwin, worriedly leaning down to look at your face. You turn bright red and cast down your eyes. "But you should have waited for us."

"She did this to herself!" shouts Levi pissedly, picking you up, and storming out of the hall.

The blonde lifts one of his gorgeous eyebrows, but Hange is already analyzing your work, so he doesn't find the support he wished for.

.

.

.

"I'm surrounded with idiots," grumbles Levi in the living room, pushing a bag of ice to your forehead.

The other two are looking at you with empathy from the opposite sofa. The man sitting with straight back and an arm over the back of the couch, and the other in a neglectful tailor seat, swinging back and forth.

"But she did amazing work, Levi! This was the first direct hit in our game," tries Hange. "It was perfect."

"Does it count a direct hit if she hit herself?" wonders Erwin, smiling at you.

"Levi got a direct hit before," you say to save yourself, and he moves the ice bag on your face to cover your mouth before you could continue.

"But he sacrificed himself," answers Hange. "That doesn't count."

"Sacrifice my ass," growls Levi, setting you free.

"For what?" asks the blonde, and Hange snorts, then bursts out in laughter.

After Erwin joins her, Levi's face relaxes, and you smile at them.

"But we need to call a halt to these games," says the dark-haired man. "I'm done with this shit. You both have just enough resources to play with."

"Fine, fine," smiles Hange, lifting her palms innocently. You sit up, and massage your painful head, Levi's hand is tense in the air, ready to help you if you lose balance. "We won't make traps anymore. In here."

"Actually, I have an idea how to use the mini catapult," you murmur, and they look at you in the same second like one living, breathing organism. It's terrifying in a weird, adorable way. "If we wake Hange with it, she won't bite anyone anymore."