Chapter 16.

________________________

" if you want to go home you have to take the keys"  stiles cracked a smiled at Alex.

They had driven up to his college together, Alex didn't want to leave and stiles didn't want her to leave. They both knew parting would be more then difficult but hoped it wouldn't hurt so much.

"What if you don't go back"  Alex suggest "what If I stay here"

Stiles smiled at Alex's half joke of a suggestion. He took her hands and looked at her softly as she sighed loudly "We can do this. We will call everyday and text every night, and we can visit eachother"  he reassured

She nodded "I know but I'm worried about you. You have been through so much And what if something happens?" She worried

He shook his head "Nothing will happen, Because for the first time in my life I am not in beacon hills and I need you to not be in beacon hills either."  He told her.

He sighed "Trust me I'm going to miss you so much, but it isn't like we can't do long distance. I disappeared for 3 months and you convinced everyone I was real when you barely believed it" he reminded her. She smiled a little as he did. Alex knew he was right, they'd persevered through so much in the last few years that college is definitely not the worst of it.

"I love you" Alex gave a sheepish smile in attempts to seem okay. Stiles of course noticing her forced smile pulled her into his arms and she rested her head against his chest "I'm gonna miss you" she whispered as though she didn't want him to hear it and as the words fell she fell a few tears fell with them.

Ales felt stiles hand lifted up her face. She looked into his warm eyes. She thought about how much she was gonna miss those eyes.

He looked at Alex's slightly puffed eyes, blood shot veins ran through them He smiled "I love you"

Stiles took his thumb and lifted up Alex's chin. He met her lips and kissed her softly and she thought about how she'd miss his lips.

"Okay" Alex breathed. She wiped her eyes and shook a little to get her head out of the cloud that stiles had always managed to put it in "I have to go, I have packing to do"

"I'll walk you out" stiles smiled. He grabbed Alex's hand tightly as they knew it would be the last time for a while. They walked out and both were filled with overwhelming emotions. As they turned the hallway they seem college student cheering as they seen their friends.

Alex thought about how stiles would be making new friends, all though they'd never be what the pack had been they would still be good. "You think you'll make friends?" She asked

He nodded "yeah. I think it will be easy since I can lie about what I've done for the last 4 years" he joked

"Yeah" Alex laughed a little