𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃˢᵗ — ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵃᵍᵒ

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲
ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃˢᵗ — ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵃᵍᵒ

▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎▆︎

❜ ─ 𝘾𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 ─ ❛

Do you know what I hate the most in life? When people pissed me off. I just can't stand it. The way someone you obviously don't like still has the nerve to be around you and act as if you two could stand one another. That's just bullshit.

My grandmother used to say that you couldn't do anything, but endure it. That's bullshit, too. Why should I let someone I hate talk to me without snapping? I never understood her logic, but then again my grandmother hadn't been a very logical woman. She had been an optimistic—maybe a bit too optimistic—and dreamy woman. Always talking and talking, but never freaking doing it.

She had dreams, but she never dared to do anything other than dream. I guess that's how she overlooked grandfather's flaws and his whole shitty existence.

Oops.

I probably shouldn't think ill of a dead man. That is if I had given a shit about that old bastard anyway. He had been honestly such a disgusting and spiteful human being I sometimes, when I was younger, had wondered if he hadn't been some kind of devil instead of actually a normal mortal.

Thank you universe for finally getting rid of him, I guess.

Walking along the infinity pool outside my family's estate, I wondered what would happen now. It was only my father and I in this house. Deep down I hoped he would take this so badly that he couldn't stand the sight of this house—his home—and has us leave this awful place.

I wouldn't fight against him if he wished to leave and never look back. I would actually thank him.

"Love, come inside. Your aunt is looking for you," my father called from where he stood on the terrace, lighten what was probably his tenth cigarette since this morning, six am.

Did I mention that today had been the burial of my mother and grandfather? No? Oh, well. It's nothing special anyway. Just a bunch of rich people and relatives getting together to watch father and daughter-in-law be buried six feet deep, side by side.

We should have done earth a favour and burned their bodies.

I didn't answer my father immediately, only dipped my feet into the water just staring at the it. It was so sparkly in the sun and crystal clear. It was such a powerful force of nature and somehow I couldn't help but wonder what would be if Poseidon really existed. Would he rage with uncontainable anger at the humans for keeping his water in boxes of glass such as this pool? Would he hate us for trashing his mystical oceans and seas? Would he resent us as I resent my family?