Like a bat out of hell

(A/N): The bold words are the lyrics to the song, which I do not own.

*Noelle's POV*

I sighed softly, as I sat in Reefer Rick's shack. I'd agreed to stay there in case anyone came looking for him. He was currently rummaging through the kitchen searching for something. I wasn't 100% certain what it was he could possibly be looking for, but I had a hunch already.

"Eddie? What are you looking for?" I asked, getting onto my feet and entering the kitchen, only to see him searching, before finding a can of spaghetti hoops in a cupboard.

"Yeah, that'll do.." He scoffed.

"Ah, so you were hunting for food. You got the munchies or something?" I asked playfully, nudging him, to which he rolled his eyes, a small smile making it's way onto his face.

He soon headed back through the living room, pulling out the walkie talkie. "Hey Dustin, this is Eddie The Banished." He said into it "Noelle's still here too, you there?"

No response. I sighed, deciding it's best not to interrupt their conversation, and quickly headed somewhere else in the house, faintly hearing him talking about needing a food delivery to Nancy, who had picked up instead of Dustin.

"Hey, Eddie, I'm heading upstairs." I called, hearing a 'alright, Sanderson.' in response.

I started my ascent up the stairs when everything went quiet, before suddenly the sound of a clock chiming started to echo around me. Gulping nervously, I started searching through the house, anxious yet curious. I already knew what it meant, but I was always 'The Queen Of Morbid Curiosity' and couldn't resist the urge to see what this clock looked like.

It wasn't long until I found it, it was...huge. I stumbled back in amazement and fear, staring up at it. It wasn't long before I was snapped out of my reverie. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked around to see Eddie.

"Hm?" I hummed, pretending nothing had happened.

"You alright? You looked almost lost in thought." He said, with a nervous edge to his voice. He knew what that could have meant, but I didn't want to worry him so I just flashed him a smile.

"Peachy keen! Just zoned out for a minute, that's all." I said, trying to add a cheery edge to my tone.

He raised a sceptical brow, but sighed and nodded. "Alright, good. I can't lose you, I love you."

I quickly pulled him into a hug, sighing softly. "And I love you too, sweetheart. I promise you I'll be fine." I whispered, playing with the ends of his hair, as he let out a soft laugh.

"Alright, love." He muttered.

That night, Eddie had lay down, back in the boathouse, pulling me down beside him and wrapping his arms around me, and sniffling.

I sighed, quietly singing in an attempt to calm him down.

"Is that Bat Out Of Hell?" Eddie asked, opening his eyes and looking up at me.

I smiled and nodded "It's my favourite song of all time. Me and my sister sang it all the time as kids, we still do whenever I'm at home. It was what I was listening to when I first bumped into you. It reminds me of our first meeting and that's why I love it so much." I explained, watching a small smile form on his face.

"That was so cheesy." He said, laughing.

I smiled softly, dozing off in his arms. Though, I jolted awake in fear after another vivid nightmare. I slipped out of Eddie's grip and stumbled outside, hoping fresh air would calm my nerves.

It wasn't long before I heard something and looked around. I saw all the students from my old boarding school, back in England, in fact, I was back there. I gasped, seeing my friends and rushing over, stumbling a little. "I miss you guys so much!" I chimed.