ɴᴏ.1

"hey scar!"

I turned my head to see my mom walking through the entrance of the shop holding her board in one hand and a bag in the other.

"hey mom what you got there"

Here we have our "underground names" because everyone here is a skater criminal so if you really think it through it's basically our criminal names, but everyone already knows i'm the daughter of the super cool skater girl lash so I just call her mom instead of her underground name.

"find out"

she places the bag on the scratched up counter, it looks like a bag from a jewelry store. I opened it to see a notebook, I looked at my mom confused but she only had a suspicious grin on her face. Inside the notebook were all kinds of skateboard designs and turning more through the pages were designs down to the last detail. It had the name of each part and where it goes, rookie instructions.

"where'd you find this"
"some chumps place, known as the best skateboard designer known in Okinawa and I heard you've been struggling to think of new designs so.."
"wow these designs are amazing, thanks mom!"
"it's no problem skater, I mean it is what I do"
she shrugged.

Even though my mom doesn't allow me to follow in her foot steps and skate she still came up with the nickname skater for me. Creative, not really but whatever.

"alright well i'm out" she waves.

I waved goodbye as she opened the big push doors as her crew followed behind her.

This underground shop, it's where I spend most of my time. It's pretty big over all I mean despite it being a skateboard shop there's tables to chill out at and a back door in the family bathroom for if a run away lead a cop in here and needed an escape, luckily that's not happened yet or we'd have to move locations. This was first just a big hole in the middle of Okinawa, something construction workers gave up on. I don't know what they were planning with it but we finished it, well not we meaning us but we as in the previous owners who were my great grandparents. When they died the place still wasn't finished but the building was they built it intending it to be a criminal restaurant or hid out type thing but they started it to late in there years and my grandparents didn't pursue there love of crime so they left it. Which soon my mom took over at age 15, she started by just stealing money from her local job then she would go up to pick pocketing. Then she would steal small but expensive things and sell them for more at a pawnshop that's when she got enough money to start finishing the shop. She had me at age 16 from a hookup at a party so at this point I just say I don't have a dad. My moms picky with men now because she wants me to have a good father figure but also one that supports her decisions in life which is hard considering men that are criminals are usually more then just robbing and stealing criminals. I don't mind not having a dad to much anyway, my mom is enough.

And I walk alone in school, I have some people I talk to in my classes here and there but I tend to have good grades and not being social helps that. That way other then my job all I have enough time to study since i'm not going to party's and stuff. My only "best friend" is this kid named Emi and just like the meaning of her name she's always smiling and enjoying life. She's who I sit with at lunch and is in most of my classes but I don't talk to her outside of school for obvious reasons. She also is a straight A+ student but very opposite of me, she goes to party's and hookups with lots of boys and yea whatever, But she is sweat so hm whatever.

I closed up the shop and started walking up the stairs opening the door leading to the field of grass and some branches leading close to road. The shop was built into a near by hill by this other skate shop with the title "dope sketch" more like freakin lousy and stretch.. I don't know. Just that our skate shop is way better.