2: A Nightmare Team

The following day after, Masaru had his picture taken for his ninja profile. He got dressed in his usual kimono and had his new headband tied onto his forehead as he left his house and set on off for his last day at ninja Academy for Genin orientation.

When he arrived at the Academy, he took his usual seat next to his cousin Hinata Hyuga. He nodded a greet before he pulled out a book and started reading it as he waited for Iruka to arrive at the class and announced the Teams.

The book he was reading was about the Legendary Sannin. Ever since he was six years old, he has been a fan of the Sannin. He found them unique and different he hopes one day to be a fantastic shinboi just like the three Sannin, if not like them but to make himself well known in the ninja world.

Just as he was starting to read his book, the loud sound of rushing footsteps sounded like an animal stampede could be heard from down the hall. He sighed as the ground started to shake.

'Looks like they're coming.' He thought, already knowing who the footsteps belonged to.

Just as he thought, Sakura and Ino burst into the room, running.

"I'm first!" They both exclaimed.

"Oh, please don't come over here go sit with Sasuke," He said, focusing back on his book.

"Y-you rea-really don't like them, do you," Hinata said, stuttering.

Masaru looked up from his book and over at his cousin Hinata and sighed, tuning out the fangirls as they started to fight over the seat next to Sasuke.

"All they do is get into your personal space trying to get Sauske or me to go on a date with them. Instead of doing their training, and it is really annoying, especially when I keep telling them I'm not interested," Masaru replied.

Hinata nodded her understanding as Masaru went back to reading his book and continued to tune out the growing commotion of the fangirls yelling about Sasuke being there.

-------

"Alright, congratulations on passing the graduation exam," Iruka started as he stood in front of the classroom holding his usual clipboard with a warm smile on his face."Starting today, all of you are real shinboi, but you are only merely Genin. The journey that lies ahead will be a difficult one. Soon you will go on missions to help the village. You will be put on teams with a joinin as your sensei, and it be tree man squad," He said, looking down at his clipboard.

Masaru closed his book as he looked up at Iruka, waiting for what team he would be on.

"We try to balance the team based on strengths," Iruka-sensei explained to the class.

"What?" People shouted, not happy about that statement.

Masaru rested his head on the desk as Iruka started calling out the team. Masaru didn't mind too much who he was team with as long as it wasn't Sakura or Ino.

"Next is Team Seven! Sakura Haruno, Naruto Uzumaki-"

"Yes!" Naruto exclaimed, cutting off Iruka-sensei.

Masaru shook his head at Naruto's behavior once again, not understanding how his cousin Hinata had a crush on him. In response to hearing Naruto's name, Sakura slumps in her seat in despair.

"And Sasuke Uchiha, " Iruka-sensei continued. As Naruto was now sulking, and Sakura was now cheering.

The girls looked upset they didn't end up with Sasuke. Masaru sighed in relief, glad he wasn't stuck on that team with emo and annoying fangirl.

"And wait a minute Masaru Hyuga," Iruka-sensei suddenly announced.

'What?' Masaru thought, looking at Iruka, not expecting that.

"Yes! Best that Ino-pig!" Sakura said to Ino with a victory sign while Ino glared at her.

Masaru bangs his head on the desk, making everyone look over at him. "Iruka-sensei. I thought you said it would be a three-person squad, not four," He said, making Iruka sigh.

"Yes, I know Masaru, but it turns out that since the number of students who graduated is uneven, there is one squad with four," Iruka explained.

Masaru sighed and leaned back into his seat as Iruka continued to name teams.

"Next squad, Eight! Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka, and Shino Aburame!"

Masaru sighed as he heard Ino complaining about Sakura getting not only on Sasuke's team but his as well, but tune it out as Iruka continued to announce teams.

"Team nine is still. So the next is squad Ten, Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara,"

"Ha! Did you say something about hating to be on my squad?" Shikamaru asked smartly.

"And Choji Akimichi," Iruka continued."Those are all the squads."

"Iruka-sensei?! Why does a great ninja like me have to be in the same group with a slug-like Sasuke!? And a girly boy who is younger than me!"

Masaru raised an eyebrow at Naruto's comment.

'He thinks because he is a year older than he better me as a ninja.' Masaru looked over at Hinata, who looked at Naruto sadly at what he had just said about her cousin.

"Sasuke and Masaru have the best scores out of all the graduating students. Naruto, you have the worst scores," Iruka said, making a couple of kids laugh at Naruto."To create a balanced group, we put the best students with the worst student," He finished making Naruto groan angrily.

"Just make sure you don't get in my way, loser" Sasuke insulted Naruto with a blank expression o his face, making Naruto madder.

"Grrr, hey, what did you say?!" Naruto asked.

"Hard of hearing?" Sasuke said, making everyone laugh.

Masaru sighed as he looked at his new teammates on Team Seven.

'This is going to be a nightmare.' He thought as Iruka dismissed the class for lunch until it was time to meet their new sensei.

Here you go, the second chapter of my first Naruto fanfiction called The Will of a Rabbit Prince. In this chapter, Masaru ends up on Team Seven with Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke. I had a poll posted on straw poll and ended on a tie, so I just went and asked my older sister what she thought to break the tie.

Please comment on what you think of the chapter, and vote if you enjoy it. Thanks for reading.

WC: 1071