𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝒎 𝒖 𝒎 𝒎 𝒚

"I think the bracelet is a guide to the lost oasis of Ahm Shere," Evy stated as you walked through the foyer

The three of you lived together in the mansion Evelyn and Rick bought with the money from all of the artifacts they've donated to the museum.

"Evy, I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no. We just got home." Rick dismissed as he carried your bags over.

"That's the beauty of it. We're already packed," she smiled.

"I'm gonna have to go with my brother on this one, Ev. That last trip was a lot. Maybe we should take a break for a few weeks," you chimed.

"But then weeks turn to years and years turn to never. We're so close," she bargained.

"Why don't you give me one good reason?" Rick asked.

"It's just an oasis, darling. A beautiful, exciting, romantic oasis," Evy said flirtatiously, taking off Rick's hat and scarf.

"The kind with the white, sandy beach and the palm trees and the cool, clear, blue water. And we could have some of those big drinks with the little umbrellas in them," Rick smiled, wrapping his arms around her.

"Sounds good," she whispered.

"Sounds too good. What's the catch?" He bluntly asked.

"Supposedly it's the resting place of Anubis's army," Evy quickly answered.

"Called it. See? I knew there's a catch. There's always a catch. How did I know that?" Rick scoffed.

"Let me guess. It was commanded by that Scorpion King guy?" You asked as the two of you followed Evy.

"Yes, but he only awakens every five-thousand years," she answered.

"Oh, yeah, no nevermind there," Rick sarcastically agreed.

"Right. And if someone doesn't kill him, he's going to destroy the world," you continued, following her up the stairs.

"How did you know?" She asked.

"I didn't. But that's always the story," you shrugged.

"The last known expedition to actually reach Ahm Shere was sent by Rameses IV over three-thousand years ago. He sent over a thousand men," Evy continued as she reached the top of the steps.

"And none of them were ever seen again," Rick finished.

"How did you know?" Evy asked, proud.

"I didn't. But that's always the story," Rick answered, sighing.

"Did I mention there was a pyramid of gold?" She asked quickly.

"Twice," you held up two fingers, turning down the hallway.