Prologue

A/N: Hello, readers! So, this prologue was accidentally deleted when I was trying to do something on the site. I know, worst nightmare EVER! Anyway, I am so relieved that I had a copy of it on my laptop. Here you go! I will be updating Chapter 2 soon. ^_^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mercy, come down here. We need to tell you something and-"

"It's very important!" My parents yelled from down stairs.

"Coming!" What could they possibly want AT THIS HOUR OF THE NIGHT! I am so damn tired and I can't see anything! As I slowly make my way down the stairs, I try to keep in mind what is SO important. Is it something lame? Is it another trophy? Am I elected as the President of "Dumb Ville"? Well, whatever it is, I hope it doesn't take very long. I really need my beauty sleep.

"Sorry for waking you up, Hun, but this is really important," my mom says.

"Well, what is it? I really need to get some sleep."

It took mom a while to compose herself, but she tried her best to spit it out. "You know how your father lost his job, right?"

"Yeah..." Hurry up and get to the point already!

"Well...your father found a new job."

Wow, he got a new job. Whoop-Dee-Doo. What else is new?

"But, it requires relocating."

Wait, what?! Did I just hear her right? "Um...mom? What do you mean by...relocating?" I ask in a very tired, but nervous tone.

"What I mean is, we're moving."

"To where?" I am so shocked and I can barely get my words straight. Damn it! What's happening?

"To Oregon," she says in a very serious tone.

WHAT?! She just gave it to me straight, like a ruler. It hit me right in the face. Oregon? That is like on the other side of the U.S.

"Oregon?! Why the hell did you have to get a job in Oregon?!" I ask my parents angrily. Boy, my night just got worse.

"Well, not only is the pay good, but it gives us a great opportunity to start fresh," says my father.

"Fresh?! I don't want to be fresh! I like it here and I want to stay! I can't just ditch my life here and start from the beginning! I mean....what about my friends?" I was so angry I thought flames were coming out of my nose.

"You can make some new friends, Hunny. Plus, you can call them whenever you wan," says my mom, in a way that was supposed to be comforting. But it made things even worse...

"Excuse me? How can you say that to me, mom?! Am I some kind of robot to you? I have feelings you know and you decided to throw that down the toilet! Well, you know what, you can just go on without me! I don't need you anyway!" I run up the stairs as fast as I can and I slam the door so hard, that the door almost came off the hinges. How can they do this to me? What did I do to deserve this? I scream into my pillow as loud as possible.

After a parade of tears and a few episodes, I began to think about what just happened. I started to feel guilty. I can't stay mad at them forever, but I can't forgive them that easily. What am I going to do? I look around my room and try to find an answer....And then it hit me. You gotta do, what you gotta do... So I went to my nightstand and picked up my phone.

"Hey, Melyssa, it's Merc. Can I talk to you for a sec....it's really important."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed the prologue! This is my first story. I will try to upload soon. Don't stop reading...and don't forget to vote and comment! :) I made a few changes, just to let you know.