Chapter 1

"Guys, what are you doing?! Stop it!"
My friends grabbed me and tied me up with some rope.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING O-" And before I knew it, my mouth was covered with duct tape. It was hard for me to say a thing and I could hardly breath. A dark figure stepped out of the shadows and into the light...it was Melyssa. I stopped squirming, knowing that it was useless, and just stared in confusion.

"Sorry, Mercy. Everyone needed to know. How can you ditch us like this?!" She said in a harsh way that hit me like a car.

Everyone gathered in a circle, leaving me and Melyssa in the middle of it. I don't understand. I wasn't trying to ditch anyone. I try to tell her that I'm not trying to ditch them, but I forgot that the duct tape was still on my mouth. Damn it! All that came out was muffled noises.

"SHUT UP!!!! I'M NOT FINISHED!" Screamed Melyssa. I stopped, knowing that it will only make things worse. What the hell happened to my best friend? I don't get what's happening.

"Are you trying to replace us?! Are we not good enough for you?! Are you just using your dad's job as an excuse?!" She pressed on. Her eyes seemed to have a demonic touch to it. It freaked the hell out of me.

What the hell is she talking about? Did she hear me wrong or something? I couldn't take it. I tried shaking my head, but then I got slapped in the face. What the f*ck?! That hurt like HELL!!! I winced in pain and tears started to form in my eyes.

"Aw, the whittle baby is going to cry...so sad." Everyone laughed in unison. It was a very devilish laugh, like the type of laugh you only hear from villains. I was so creeped out.

"Now, listen closely and listen good. You can't go to Oregon....and you never will."

My eyes widened in shock. What? I'm not following. What does she mean by "you never will"? I was starting to get a little freaked out, and she could tell just by the way she smirked at me.

"Yep, you heard that correctly. You will never go to Oregon, because....dead people can't move," she said in the most sickest way possible. Is she possessed or something?

Sweat starts to trickle down my face as she gets closer. Something bright beamed in my eyes and I soon realized....it was a dagger. Tears start to flow and I scream to the top of my lungs.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm sorry, what was that? I can't hear you through that pathetic little squeal of yours," she said, as if I were a pig or something. She is a freakin' psycho!

Why did it have to end this way? My own friend about to kill me? The others just watched with laughter, enjoyng the show that Melyssa was putting on. "I'm sorry mom and dad. I didn't mean to yell at you. I wish you were here to save me. Please don't let me die like this. I don't deserve it." I started to shed my last tears, prepared to die, when Melyssa said something, that will hurt me forever.

"Oh, and don't worry...your parents won't miss a thing," she said as she turned around to reveal them as one of the people laughing at me in the group. I couldn't believe it! My own parents turned against me! I tried calling for them, but only mumbles came out...again.

"Thank you Melyssa. This was better than I thought. She just wouldn't listen to us," said my mom, with a smug smile on her face.

"I knew we could trust you," said my dad, with the same smile. "Your like the daughter we never had." I couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing! I felt completely betrayed.

"Thanks for the compliments. Now, let me take care of this pest problem," said Melyssa, as she came at me with the dagger.

I tried screaming for help, but it was too late. Melyssa thrusted her hand in the air, and sent the blade down, almost piercing my skin, when-

(BING) "Attention all passengers, we will be landing shortly."

OH MY GOSH!!!! Wait, what? There were no ropes and no duct tape. I looked around to see where I was. I was still on the airplane. I checked my body randomly in search for any sign of injury. I was okay. THANK YOU JESUS! It must of been a dream...or shall I say a nightmare. Realizing that I was holding my breath, I exhaled in relief, happy that it wasn't real. My heart was racing really fast and I needed to calm down. So, I looked out the window....and then I saw Oregon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walk to the baggage claim and grab our stuff. I don't own much, but I still had a lot of suitcases. The airport looked a little busy. I've never seen so many people. I'm not use to seeing a lot of people back home. I thought it was good to see a lot of people around and about. I was still a little annoyed though. Everything was so...different.

We got a rental car and went to look for our new house. My parents bought it about a month ago, but I didn't know until a week ago. Yeah, I know....what loving parents I have. My parents were blabbing on about how great our life is going to be and that I'm going to like it here. Yeah, right.

So, after driving for what seemed like forever, we finally reach our humble abode. I step out of the car and take a cold, hard look at the place. It didn't look that bad, but I didn't like it that much either. I take my stuff out of the trunk and walk into the house. I put my things down and look around. It was very spacious, and it had a homey touch to it. But it still didn't change my mind.

"SO...what do you think?" Said my mom in a cheerful way. I just gave her a shrug and kept looking around. There were two floors, four bedrooms with their very own bathroom, a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, a laundry room, and a nice backyard. The staircase seemed a little too extravagant though.

"You can choose whatever room you want", said mom, rushing to get the rest of the stuff out of the car. "Now go and finish unpacking."

I took my stuff and went upstairs. There were so many doors, I couldn't tell if it was a house or a hotel. I decided to take the room at the end of the hall. It seemed like the perfect place to be. Quiet and apart, just like home.

I opened the door and I dropped my suitcases on the floor. I sat on the bed and took a look around the room. It wasn't home, but it was close enough. It wasn't big, but it wasn't small either. The room was mostly empty except for the bed and the dresser, but other than that it was mostly air.

I laid on the bed and closed my eyes. It was so noisy. How can people live like this? I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. I can't believe I'm actually here. A feeling of pain and sorrow swept over me. I wish I was home right now....hanging with my friends....having fun at the beach...

I was too lazy to unpack, so I just laid there. Noticing my exhaustion, I soon fell into a deep sleep. "Oh how I wish I was home...home, sweet, home. In my old bed, in my old room. Not this dumb piece of sh*t cell block they call a room. I hope I can survive this horrible nightmare."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liking it so far? Keep reading, don't forget to comment and vote! :)

P.S. Made a few changes.