Ballroom Scuffle

This is the Rewrite of this chapter because honestly?, I didn't like the original that much. Cause it felt sloppy. I hope that this will be a better attempt.

_________________________________________

When Jaune heard Belle that her parents would have guests he wouldn't have a full blown ballroom gala, as he walked behind her he could feel people watching and murmuring something towards him and Belle as they strode through the hallway. Catching to her Jaune whispered something to Belle, "Is this what you meant by 'guests'? This is an entire gala." He whispered at her ear.

Belle just continued to walk silently as she kept her gaze on front of her, Jaune pouted at her response or rather the lack thereof. "Ok silent treatment, that's nice..." He said backing off slightly. Continuing to walk behind her now his eyes studying his surroundings, trying to ignore the murmuring around him.

Not paying attention to what's in front of him he bumped into Belle who now stopped, and was talking to a maid now turing her attention to him "Jaune follow this maid, she'll lead you to a room where you'll stay for a moment while I take care of something." She said and left before Jaune could even protest, sighing in annoyance "Fine" he grumbled out before turning around and grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing waiter.

Taking a few sips from the champagne Jaune followed the maid, but before they could go any further a waiter carrying a tray full of glasses of champagne bumped on her. Spilling it's contents both and the floor and on the maid, Jaune taking this as his cue to explore the place. Slipped passed blended in with the crowd whistling a marry toon.

As if nothing happened in front of him, while the maid meanwhile finally got her bearings and was unovertly panicking. As her bosses guest suddenly disappeared.

...... Meanwhile with Belle.

Belle felt nervous, afraid even. As to what her parents and sisters reactions to the news, she mulled over the thoughts and possibilities as she walked up a large stair case. Ignoring the greetings given to her by guests and servers alike. Stopping momentarily to ask a servant where her parents and siblings are at the moment.

"They're at the tea room at the moment young miss, entertaining a list suitors I'm afraid." The servant replied, "I see thank you." Belle said before dismissing the server to return back to their work. Taking a deep breath she marched towards the tea room, once more ignoring greetings.

Why the tea room she doesn't know, other than the fact that it was the most far away room from the ballroom. Away from guests and prying eyes and ears, 'Makes sense I suppose.' she thought to herself after a whole 10 minutes of walking she stops at a pair of large ornate looking oak doors, grasping the handles 'Ok this is it' she thought before taking a deep breath and pushing the door open.

"Mother, father, Jeanne. I have something important to discuss." Belle said everyone's heads turned towards her, "Oh Belle sweetie you've arrived Splendid!, You're just in time for us to pick Jeanne's fiancé!" Her mother Aurelia Arc said gleeful tone which made Belle flinch. "Mother please I have-!" But before she could continue her father Nero Arc, raised a hand "Now now Belle, don't be rude to our guests" he said gesturing to the two people sitting on the opposite side.

A well dressed man in a suit in his late 40's sat alongside a teenager that's probably the same age as Jeanne, who's as well dressed as the older man sitting beside him. Said teenager sat there with a smug if not conceited look as he looks at Jeanne while he sips his tea, Jeanne however just glared at him with hatred and disgust. Belle noticing this gave her sister an approving glance.

"I see well in that case, she won't need a fiancé. And especially not him." Belle said glaring at the young teenager in question, an action that not everyone in the room expected. "What?! You dare insult me girl!?, Looks like being a Queen's chosen has gotten into your head. Without my son your family will end with you!!" The older man exploded in range, slamming his hand in the chairs arm rest. "Duke Riley, my apologies my daughter did not mean any of-" Nero tried to apologise. But Belle protested by stomping her foot.