Thatcher Davis x Reader💌

A/N :
This was requested by Asyathemf.
I'm so sorry for this whole one-year wait but I was running out of ideas and got out of writing due to a personal issue.

          It was one of those nights again.
  You got home earlier from work, as usual, Thatcher wasn't home even now at this hour. You were always worried when he had to stay at work more. Since the whole alternate thing he has been at work more than usual. You couldn't blame him though. There were a shit ton of calls about alternate encounters, almost as if it was a normal emergency.

      1 AM

    The front door opened just as you were drinking a glass of water. "Love, you home?" A voice called out, Thatcher's voice. "Yeah, I'm home." You said as he entered the kitchen after taking off his shoes. "Long day at the station, huh?" You asked, smiling in his direction. "Mhm.." Thatcher replied, coming closer to hug you from behind. He wrapped his arms around you, holding you close and his head in between your neck and shoulder.

  "I missed you, [Y/N]" Thatcher said, his voice tired, you considered him falling asleep over you at some point. "Let's get you to bed, old man." You said, giggling. "Hey! I'm not that old now, am I?" He asked, in a defensive manner and acting as if you hurt his feelings. "Fine, fine." You were still laughing. "But bath and dinner first? Please, the love of my life, my star, my heart, my world?" Thatcher said, possibly saying all the nicknames he has used for you so far. He looked at you with puppy eyes, knowing damn well you couldn't deny such a face.

   "Alright." You said, mentally slapping yourself at this man's actions. He may act like a stupid teenager in love but at least he's your stupid teenager in love. He was practically jumping up and down as you agreed to both the bath and dinner. Running over to start the bath he nearly tripped over his own feet.

    1:45 AM

  You and Thatcher just finished bathing together(nothing happened, they just bathed together like a normal couple, don't think something else happened), the whole time you tried to get him to sit still so you could wash his hair he kept on blowing bubbles in your face. "Dinner, my love???" Thatcher spoke, putting quite the accent on the pet name.

"No." You said jokingly. "But-but you said..." You swore you could see Thatcher turning into one of those deflated wet cats after a bath. Pictures of any sort of wet cat that looked as if it saw the worst thing possible always managed to amuse you somehow. Thatcher dragged you to the kitchen, turning the light on.

   "Pasta." All he said. "What do you mean?" You asked, baffled. "Let's cook pasta," Thatcher said, so the both of you started to take out the needed ingredients for the pasta you decided on making. The two of you cooked together, more like you did because Thatcher fell asleep mid-way through. You could only sigh, hoping he's gonna wake up by the time the food is done at least.

    Even with the pasta finished, Thatcher was still sleeping. You shook him awake to eat. You both ate the pasta in approximately 26 minutes since you were both quite hungry. At the end of your evening, you both went to sleep, next to each other. You considered yourself lucky to have married this man. You both were sleeping, hand in hand.

I came back from a huge hiatus, please welcome me back without bullying🙏🏻

Vann out