Prologue

"Nightingale,we're here." My mom said,waking me.
I scrached my sleepy eyes.
I peeked outside. There he is, watching me.

Before leaving,I waved her goodbye as I watched her go.

"You dropped me off hell again." I whispered to myself. I bowed my head, pretending to not notice him.
I almost entered school when he grabbed my arm.

"Not so fast,nerd." He said with a sickening grin.
"Where's my project?" He asked. I immidiately searched my bag. His project wasnt easy, I was up all night just to finish it for this idiot.
Where the freak is it?!

"It-its not here."
"What do you--"
Before he could even finish talking,the bell rang. Phew.
He held my arm tighter.

"You are in so much trouble later on!" He said sternly before he ran.

I sighed. I should get used to this. Ever since we left Florida a year ago, I was bullied by him. I couldnt tell mom because I barely see her. She was always at work in different countries but I we had everything we needed. Though her attention was not one of them.

After five hours of boredom, It was lunch time. I sat beside Nicole,my bestfriend. Unlike me, She was more sociable and a party-goer but she's very descent on clothes when it comes to school.

"Hey, how is it going?" she asked. I sat down.

"Just like the other days." I replied and ate my lunch.

"I know. Fine. Though you're not." She said with a bit of concern. I ignored her and ate my lunch.

I was in the library after I ate. It was peaceful and no hint of Ryder.

"Ok, guys. Dodgeball!" I teacher shouted. The whole class was happy. Ofcourse, Except for me. I'm horrible at that game. I would always end up in the infirmary. Why would they even consider that game for students, I mean, everyone would get hurt so why bother.

After everyone changed, we headed towards the gym. I was even surprised to see Ryder eyeing me.

" Grade 9 students versus Grade 10 students. The team who will win will get additional points in your grades. Let us now see who is the strongest among you.
First fight will be Grade 9 girls and Grade 10 boys!"

What the hell?! What is he thinking?! Girls versus boys?! Ofcourse we will lose, Ughh! Fvck this game! I'm so frustrated!

I tied my hair for the game. Coach whistled as a signal the game starts. Everyone kept throwing balls but I only hid behind.

"Move your butt miss Nightingale!" Coach shouted. I was startled. I got a ball and closed my eyes. I threw it. God. I never knew I was that good at throwing. Who ever was hit with that ball would be unconsious.

I opened my eyes when I heard Coach Geslley whistle. Its either someone gut hurt bad or the game is over. But its impossible cause---

Holy fvcking shit! Ryder's head was bleeding! I hit him!
I froze as I saw him being crowded by girls.

"Game's over. Grade 9 boys and Grade 10 girls, position! As for the rest of you, Congrats, grade 9." He said. Everyone Over -reacted. They jumped and exclaimed. Psh. No one even bothered to thank me.

--------

Before going home, I got to the locker room to fix some of my things.

"Nice game out there, nerd."
My heart was seriously running away from me.

" I wondered where you got that strength from, loser."

"Its Nightingale and I'm not a nerd." I finally spoke. He came closer, I could even smell his perfume.

"Yes. You. Are." He smirked. I was preventing myself from punching this asshole infront of me.

"No i'm not."
"Prove it."
" Ill prove it."

He stepped back a little and smiled. His devil smile.

"Then, do the checklist."

A/N: Hey how are you? D'you like my first chapter? Its my first english book, hope you appreciate it

Vote
Comment