Valeria

I couldn't believe my eyes. How come i never saw the truth. How could i be that dense to not see such an obvious thing. How could i let my guard down. My sister was right. He is propably working with the duke to steel the throne. And i helped him. I never thought he would be fooling me. I thought we were friends but he was just trying to use me to get what he wants. Fool. How dare he try to use me as a weapen against the crown.
From now on he will see an other version of me. I won't hesitate to sacrifies him if that means i would protect my country. Right. He is not my friend. He never was. And he will never be.
I didn't realize that tears were pouring out of my eyes until they reached my lips. I feel stupid. I can't believe i lost my first real friend. How could i be foolish enough to think someone like me can have real friends. I am a princess. I will always be surrounded by hypocrites. I should be grateful for my sister. She can be both my sister and my friend. I don't need anyone anymore.

"Your highness. Princess Valentina is requesting to see you."

"Let her in."

"Yes your highness."

I wipe my tears quickly as i stand firmly. I hope she wouldn't suspect anything.

"Valeria? Were you crying?"
Sharp eyes!!!!

"No i wasn't. Why would i cry?" She coaked her head and shoot me a bored look.
I sigh.

"Nothing really. You came so suddenly by the way. Is there something you want to say?" She lift an eyebrow.

"Do i need a reason to visit my sister." Now i am coaking my head.

"Fine yes i have something to say."

"What is it?"

"Can you at least serve me tea and make me sit."

"Of course." I order the servants and they prepare everything. I didn't even look at what they served us.

"Well?"

"What? Ah. You want to know. Of course."
I don't say anything. I wait for her to speak.

"You remember the dinner i had with the emperor and the duke right?"

"Yes yes. I forgot to ask you about it."

"And i was surprised you didn't come the morning after to talk about it."

"I am sorry i really was busy with the vendors last week. So what was it about?"

"The emperor requested i give my opinion about who should be the heir and i chose you and charlos. I think he will try to get you both to get married. He can't choose between you too. And you are the only decent heirs that the country has. So be prepared."

"Why would he ask you? Aren't you also a princess?"

"I made it clear i have no interest in the throne. Also he made me his advisor."

"What! So now you are the Grand advisor."

"I suppose so. The duke also is the heir's advisor now."

"I wish i was there to see his reaction."

"We have to focus more on the fact that you could be the heir's concubine. Are you even interested?"
Me getting married. And to Charlos. Absolutly not.

"How can i marry him when you are his first Love dear?" I tease as her eyes widden.

"Don't worry, i made it clear this time i don't want him. He doesn't even glance at me when we cross ways now."

"And what did you do to make him accept it."

"Nothing special. Anyways, thank you for the tea. I have some work to do. Oh and just expect to meet the emperor soon since he will choose the heir today."