,do,

(change of pov: from 1st to 3rd)
(also, from now on forward, Mars's name will change, to know they're different characters) 

    "The Orion Circus, was before called "The Orion Experience".  And before being a huge circus, it was a wayfarer caravan. And in that caravan, two siblings lived. The Baudelaire Siblings. Jay was the oldest, always protective of his sister. His tall figure and serious face hid the absolute softie he was. Madeline was enchanting. Her voice was mellow, and her smile enticing. She was known as "Lady Phoenix", all because of her flowing red dress, on all of her gentle although quick movements, resembled fire. 

    It was a regular Wednesday, people were crowding around the caravan as always. Bonesburough was their favorite town to go. People were very sympathetic and very generous with their donations. Faces were familiar in that area. Until he showed up. 

"She's resplendent, so confident
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine"

     Madeline sang, as her brother played along. Her hands moved gently in the rhythm of the song. She smiled widely, her dimples showing up on her cheeks.

"I realize, I'm hypnotized
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine"

    People around them started to clap along the beat. She placed her hands on her hips, swaying them rhythmically. 

"I hear the moon singing a tune
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine
Is she divine, Is it the wine
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine"

    She recognized almost all of the faces. Mr. Jameson, the palisman carver, Mrs Lillian from the bakery. Her friend, Louise, from the boutique. The only one that didn't fit in the crowd was a young adult. A serious aspect, besides the casual messiness of his hair.  His eyes were deep and tired. The deep tone of magenta of his eyes were fitting with the ashy blonde hair that framed his face. She brushed it off. One different person wouldn't ruin her performance. 

"I don't know, don't know, so don't ask me why
That's how we are, La Seine and I~"

    The girl repeated the chorus, twirling around her brother, who still played the guitar with a proud smile.  He strummed a bass riff, before starting to sing himself.   

"I feel alive when I'm beside
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine
From this angle like an angel
La Seine, La Seine, La Seine"

    His voice was raspy, deep and light at the same time. Jay was not looked after like his sister, but he was very handsome as well. Tall and slim, with well tanned skin, fluffy dark hair, and a sharp jawline.  He danced along with his sister, still playing. They sang the chorus together spinning and turning. 

"Upon the bridge"
"My heart does beat"
"Between the waves"
"We will be saved'
"The air we breathe"
"Can you believe?"
"Learn to forgive upon the bridge"

    They started a free style vocalizing. Madeline twirled around Jay, who riffed happily. The unfamiliar face kept looking at them, with a spark in his eyes he never thought he'd have. He was surely charmed by the young woman's smile. The blonde managed to get past the crowd, to have a better look. Her dress flowed, and the rumors were true. It did look like fire. And just like fire, his cheeks burned. He couldn't help but admire her traits. He had never seen anyone as pretty as her. Suddenly Lady Phoenix's movements became clumsy, as she tripped over her dress and started to fall backwards. Bravery took over him. He ran over to catch her, owning them some amazed reaction from the crowd. Some girls fangirled over the handsome yet tired blonde boy saving the other in a heroic yet impulsive act. Other people, mainly ones around their age, cheered for them.  Elders looked confused, some even disgusted. 

    "Nice catch, pretty boy." She said, with her signature smile, dimples showing up. His hands were on her waist, and hers were up on his shoulders. He grinned, letting a scoff out.

    "Pay attention next time. Maybe I'll not be able to catch you." Reluctantly, he let her waist go. The dancer stepped back bowing respectfully at him. That act sure caught many people off guard. Madeline never committed mistakes, and in the specific time she did, a handsome dude helps her off. Her life was surely a miracle. 

    She sung happily with her brother, the one who twirled her around. They had a tiring day of presentations, and excluding the trip, everything was going greatly. They had enough money for food and new strings for Jay's guitar. Madeline walked in the small makeshift kitchen, and took a loaf from inside the oven. 

     "Jay, do you mind if I do us some soup to eat with the freshly baked bread?" Madeline asked, with a glimpse of joy in her eyes. "Please, I finally mastered mom's old recipe."

    "Fine. We have vegetables in the pack, and I'll check the map for the next route we should go." The young woman hummed in response, already slicing up some vegetables. 

    The caravan was a relatively comfortable place. Two small rooms with single beds, a small living room with a few books, with a makeshift kitchen. It was what they could afford. The siblings were runaways after all. Children of a drunk man and a submissive, yet protective, woman. Madeline and Jay had two choices: stay and suffer in the hands of their awful father, or leave and survive. Blessed be the Titan, who gifted them with the talent of song and dance, the only form of money they could get. 

    Madeline had truly reached the quality of their mother's bread. Droplets of tears could be noticed on the siblings eyes as they ate. Not only because they didn't had a decent meal in a few days due to the traveling, but remembering their mother made they ponder on what was happening to her at the time. Was she good? Was she able to leave father? Was she safe. The oldest wiped a tear that rolled down his sister's cheek. 

    "I know." She didn't say nothing, but it was not needed. They understood each other only with their eyes. "But we're safe now. We've been doing this since you were eleven. Its been almost ten years, and we've never been this safe."  He nodded to her, as she reached to hug her brother tightly.

     "Thanks, Jay. For being my brother and my best friend." She muttered, as he pat her head.

     "Please, Maddie, don't be so cheesy." Jay laughed, as they parted. He pinched her cheek. "I know I'm the best, you don't need to tell me that."  She scoffed, and started to list reasons why she was the best sibling. 

    The night ran fine for the Baudelaire. They're safe. What more can they ask for?

(1113 words)
A/N: hey there! today was a national holiday so i had time to write, hooray! but this chapter is kinda short compared to the others, although this plot-line will be a little bit more longer.
also, thank you so much for the 660 reads! i'm really really grateful!!

and I kinda need suggestion on what you guys want to see in the next chapters! i really need ideas iqhoihvwirh writers block sucks.
to finish, thank you all!
i hope you have a great night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!
(btw, please drink some water. or tea. stay hydrated!) 

-mars