Chapter 32

I didn't care about all the surprised looks that met me when i ran through the corridor with my hand in Thomas. Admittedly the corridor was quite empty but enough people could see us to spread rumours. Again, i didn't care.

"Where are we going?" i gasped, damn my condition was so bad.

"Somewhere where we can be alone" Thomas answered and i felt an expectation spread through my body.

This was not part of my plan, the plan itself was scrapped long ago. His kiss had been so unexpected and i was badly forced to admit to myself that deep down i had hoped for another kiss with Thomas and maybe more than that. The memory of his kisses, his hands and all of him close to me....inside me, it made my whole body burn with longing.

But there were still some things that annoyed me. His behavior. We had sex and then he ignored me, just as if i hadn't existed for the past few days.

"Wait" i said in a sharper tone than i intended.

He stopped abruptly and turned to me. Just one look from him when he was in this mood sent shivers down his spine.

"What?" he asked shortly and i also heard an effort in his voice, but hardly due to poor fitness, i thought and swallowed nervously.

"What are we doing?" i asked, looking down as i felt my cheeks heat up.

He brought his free hand up under my chin and forced me to meet his gaze. A look that was so burning hot that i gasped for air as he gave me an enticing smile.

"What does it look like?" he asked in a slightly hoarse tone that made my stomach churn. Treacherous body, i thought to myself a little annoyed at how affected he sounded.

"Thomas-"

I didn't make it any longer before i felt his lips against mine again and i fell right into his arms. His tongue caressed mine so i gasped into his mouth while clinging around his neck. My whole body and soul betrayed any thoughts i had about Thomas being a closed chapter.

"I haven't been able to stop thinking about you...about us" he mumbled and it made me gasp. Us?

"There is no us" i whispered and it took all my strength, the little i had left, to take a step away from him.

I didn't get very far as he had locked his arms around my waist.

"I think you probably felt just like me, you know, in the shower" he whispered so silky that it tingled throughout my body.

"But you said..." i started but my voice trailed off as i saw another dangerous smile creep across his lips.

"What? Come on i know you want me" he said and leaned forward but i pushed hard into his chest.

"I know you want me?!" I repeated out loud so he looked around and shushed me.

I felt anger rise in my body. Where was all this about? he wanted....something, because he thought i was pining for him?

"Uh yeah? It's pretty obvious isn't it?" he answered lowly and raised his eyebrows questioningly.

I closed my eyes for a brief second. How could i have been so stupid to think that he had kissed me, that he had wanted me because maybe he liked me, that he wanted me?!

"Fuck off!" i hissed between my teeth and gave him a hard look before turning around.

"What the hell Y/n! Why are you mad?" he asked, grabbing my arm.

"Let me go!"

"But tell me why you are so fucking angry all of a sudden!"

"Okay? I have no idea so feel free to tell me."

I felt how it was boiling in my body. Maybe i had exaggerated a bit. After all he hadn't been wrong about me wanting him but that was the whole point, how he had said it. This is how Thomas did it. He lured and seduced and made one believe he was doing a favor.

"We have fucked so go ahead like you always do, leave me alone!" i said harshly, yanking my arm away.

I saw how it turned black in his eyes as he hugged my arm one last time before letting me go.

I raised my chin as if in protest, i wasn't going to let him know how much it hurt to look into his beautiful eyes and reject him. But i had no choice, i reminded myself. Yeah, i had slept with him, something i had promised myself never to do, but he wouldn't think he could play with me.

I turned without a word, and he didn't stop me. Somewhere inside me a voice screamed, you are silly, you want him! but no. I had my pride and i had been honest with him, i wasn't going to be one of the many girls he played with.

I hurried back to the dining room. Actually i wanted to go somewhere where i could be alone but it had become too obvious. It would have been enough of the surprise in the girls' eyes when i had gone away and if i didn't come back then, it would only fuel the gossip. A conversation with a teacher wouldn't immediately make me want to flee the field and they knew that.

Brooke, Kylie and Lizzy remained in the exact same place as before. I walked with calm steps so as not to reveal how hard my heart was still pounding.

"Hey, how fast it went" Brooke said as i sat down in the same chair as before.

"Yeah, it wasn't anything special he wanted, quite silly actually" i said collectedly and leaned back in the chair.

There was silence around the table and i found myself drumming restlessly with my fingers on the table.

"What?" i asked at their raised eyebrows.

"What is it between you and Thomas?" Kylie asked with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"Nothing, we just had a fight" i said.

"He's an idiot!" i continued loudly with emphasis to sound as believable as possible.

Thomas was an idiot but right now i felt like the biggest puck in the world. The memory of his kisses burned throughout my body.

"He seemed pissed, sure nothing special has happened between you?" Kylie asked mockingly, nodding towards something behind me. Or rather someone, probably even Thomas had come back to the dining room.

"Between me and Thomas? Are you drunk? It's clear that nothing has happened between us. I hate him!" i replied, knowing it was the biggest lie this week, maybe ever.

One, something had actually happened between us. Two, i didn't hate him. Three, it took admitting it to myself. But it was the truth, i don't hate him. Although i wished i did.