RULES & GUIDELINES

General Information

Shiver Me Timbers 2022 is inclusive to characters of all backgrounds. We welcome LGBTQ+ characters, neurodiverse characters, and characters of different ethnic backgrounds.

Entries for any of the included prompts may be submitted in the following languages:

English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Sinhala, Turkish, and Urdu.

~

The contest runs from 1st September, 2022 to 30th November, 2022.

~

The contest is divided into 3 checkpoints. The details of these are as follows:

Checkpoint 1: September 1st - 30th

This checkpoint requires you to submit your entries for Islands 1, 2, 3.

Checkpoint 2: October 1st - 31st

This checkpoint requires you to submit your entries for Islands 4, 5, 6.

Checkpoint 3: November 1st - 30th

This checkpoint requires you to submit your entries for Islands 7, 8, 9.

Bonus Island: This Island is optional. Should you wish to submit an entry for this Island, you can do it any time you want till the 30th of November.

~

You may only submit one entry per prompt. You will submit your entries via this form:

Submission Form

~

Please publish your entries in a separate book or new anthology on your profile.

~

Mature stories are allowed as long as you follow Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

~

All entries have a word limit of 1000 words.

You may use a buffer from the Port Market to gain an extra word limit, however this must be approved by WattpadAsianFantasy. You must also mention any bonuses redeemed in the submission forms.

You must also make sure to redeem any buffers 7 days prior to the end of each checkpoint.

~

Tagging and Sharing Corner

If you have any daring friends who would love a seafaring adventure, tag them right here so they can join in the fun as well!

If you'd like others to read your stories, feel free to drop a link here!