Chapter 1

Authors note: The places and names are all my own. Everything is made up. So, I want you to know I probably need to do more research on Ai's and everything else. I hope you like the story!!

July 3, 2045

6 Am, in Mechcity's slums

Someone walks the path of a poorly structured sidewalk, drenched from head to toe in the dark skies tears. The man is resisting some underlining desire; his scarred hands are fidgeting in his pockets. His hair is dark, slicked back with grease, and his eyes dart back and forth from the streetlight and dark alleyway.

He's apprehensive, waiting for someone, for something. The only thing he truly believes that he needs, he desires this one thing. He rakes a dirty hand through the grease-black tendrils then blows hot breath into his hands. The air is frigid and smoky.

Waiting longer on his toes, and becoming impatient he kicks at a garbage can. "I-I need...I need it now!" He bellows crumpling to his knees, hugging himself, rocking back and forth. He pulls the hood off his head when he sees something. A light flickers off, and footsteps hit the pavement, at quick paces.

What's happening? Are they here yet he wonders.

"Your life support," A dark voice articulated. A shadowy figure stands by the wall of the dark alleyway. It's a man in a dark hood, and he can't see his face at all. The man stands up delighted to see his desire in the strange drug seller's hands. It's a bag of coke. He smiles excitedly as he reaches for it.

But the seller snatches the bag back tucking it into his pocket. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Greedy man. Wait a minute, I'll give you what you want, but first, pay up." He snaps, pushing the man to a wall, his nose so close to his, and cold, it touches his.

"O-okay." He stutters, digging in his jean pocket. "H-here." He hands the seller a crumpled wad of bills. He struggled against the seller's heavy arms. "Please, let me go." He begs.

"Let me count it first." He counts it slowly, then stops at the last bill. "It seems you're short a bill," he asks. "I'll give you half, for the payment."

"But I need it all." He pleads.

"I can't give it to you until I get the full payment. Unless..." The seller stops and looks at the man. "You can sell me an organ."

"N-no."

"Then shut up!" The seller shoves him back throwing the half bag of coke onto the wet pavement. The man crawls to it desperately picking it up.

"Disgusting." The Seller comments walking off.

This area of the city is full of the homeless, drug addicts, nobodies, and losers. You'd think this far in the future they'd find solutions to all their problems.

The retired people, the rich, and everyday citizens have AIs to do their dirty work, while the poor slowly rot away in the slums. The rain stops after a short while.

7 am in Mechcity

The clouds clear, and out peeks a yellow bright smiling orb. How happy it looks. The bright-lit side of mech city where the people advertise Ais constantly.

A sub-tube zooms past the people who prefer their feet over futuristic transportation. The tube is above some of the tall buildings, it is like a rollercoaster, but it's a bus that transports people to their destination.

A middle age man waits in his seat, earbuds in his ear, and a phone out in his hand. He yawns deeply, and a small kid across from him sticks out his tongue.

"Sir, you still use that old-fashioned junk?" The boy smirks. He points at his temples, two metal pieces stick to them. He's using an entertainment transmitter. It transmits waves, visuals, and sounds to his brain. The two other metal pieces are looped over his ears. That's where the sound waves are sent.