Episode 21 - Friends

Chapter 21 – Friends

I woke up in bed and to be honest I really feel rejuvenated and refreshed after a long sleep. My phone was resting on the table beside me so I reached out for it to check the time. I saw the screen and it was already 1pm in the afternoon. Thinking to myself, I probably slept the whole morning out and missed lunch in the process. Getting up from my bed I looked around and noticed that there was no one in my room except for me. Melfice probably was hanging out with Elle as usual and Yue was probably outside.

It had been four days since the second round of the tournament so we have exactly a week off before the semi-finals. Lucian, as usual, will be the one to relay us the information on who we will be fighting next.

For today, I decided to slip into something more comfortable so I just took out a slim fit red shirt and wore it and for pants I took out a slim fit black jeans and I just slipped on my simple black slip-on sneakers and put my phone in my pocket which I got from the table. I walked out of my room and made my way towards the living room of our assigned place in the hotel.

Inside the living room, I looked around and when I made my way to the balcony area, I saw Yue there looking at the view. She was wearing a white fitted shirt this time and blue jeans as pants and she had her sneakers on as well. I decided to annoy her so I made my way towards her.

“Hey ditz.” I said as I stood beside her.

“Oh you’re awake.” She replied to me. Something was different about her though.

“So where are the others?” I asked her.

“Lucian and Melfice went somewhere. Elle’s out alone in the city.” Yue replied to me.

That’s right; the whole situation between me and Elle is really not yet fixed yet. She hadn’t been talking to me after the fight. Heck she wasn’t even talking to me after the incident before the second round fight.

In an instant, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I took it out and looked. Turns out that I got a message from Lucian, he probably wants something important done.

Seiryu, come to the training center

Here in the 7th floor of the Herac Dome

Melfice is here as well

Bring your weapon

-Lucian

Training center? What the hell could he want? Well whatever, I might just go there and get it over with. I walked on my way to the living room but then Yue called to me.

“Hey where are you going?” she asked as I faced her.

“Lucian just sent me a message. He wants me to go to the training center in this building. I’m just about to get my katana in my room.” I said to her.

“Oh, can I come with you? I have nothing to do anyways.” Yue said back to me

“Whatever floats your boat princess.” I said to her with a smirk and I went back to my room to get my katana.

I made my way to the room where I stay at and immediately I went near the bed. The katana lay down under the bed and I got it immediately. It was sheathed and I held it on my left hand. Shortly afterwards, I got up and made my way outside into the living rom where Yue was standing outside by the door waiting for me.

“Let’s go.” I said to her as I passed by her. She walked beside me and we both got out of the room and we made our way to the hallways now.

Both of us made our way towards the elevator. I figured that Lucian was probably going to spar with me and Melfice so he asked me to bring my weapon. I haven’t really trained a lot ever since I got here in Herac so probably this would be a rational choice for me to do. Yue was walking beside me now. I never really imagined that she of all people would actually get along with me. Heck I never imagined that I would actually get along with her. It’s just that things have changed around here already and I really don’t see her as the annoying girl that she was before.