Chapter 10

"Simone, what are you ordering?"

Gigi snapped Simone out of thoughts. She got caught up in her own world trying to dissect what she had witnessed. There was no way that they were on the same campus as she was. She had lost touch with the Baker twins which was understandable. Her stomach turned seeing him in the flesh , lost in his own bubble. She jumped feeling Gigi's fingers pinch her arm.

"What did you say your roommate's name was Giselle?" Simone inquired.

"First off, why are you using my full name in these streets? I think it was Olivia or something like that." She knew the name was common but maybe Simone was having wishful thinking.

"Okay , can I have two lattes with oat milk please." Simone hovered her phone over the machine to use digital payment.

This was going to be so awkward. Simone was not shy but she didn't know how to go about breaking the ice. She watched Olivia ignore her brother and Harper as if they didn't exist. Which was accurate to be honest. Simone thanked the barista for her order and told Gigi to follow her lead.

"I think I know who your roommate is, Gi." Least Simone was

"OOOOH! WHERE!" Giselle screamed.

Simone quieted her friend going to where Olivia was and cleared her throat. Liv looked up and her whole face look like she had seen a ghost. She pulled away from her seat screaming, pulling Simone into a hug. Liv felt like if she let her go, she might disappear. Simone wasn't sure what the reaction would be. It was no surprise that Harper was already dragging Jordan to the exit before he even had the chance to comprehend his sister's excitement. Simone pulled away only for Liv to pull her back rocking them side to side.

"I am going to cry!" Liv poked out her lip seeing her favorite drink.

"Ma'am," Giselle spoke.

"Right, I think you two are roomies. Gigi, Olivia Baker. Liv, Giselle St. James." Simone introduced the pair.

"Thank goodness I got a fine-ass roommate again." Gigi kissed the sky.

Liv cradled her latte offering the two empty seats. Simone wasn't shocked that Harper hurriedly got Jordan got of the vicinity but maybe it was a good thing. She wouldn't even know what to say to him. There was a lot she could say but she was more focused on reconnecting with Liv.

"I am sorry you guys didn't get a chance to talk but there will be plenty of time." Liv looked at Simone.

"I'm sorry, run that by me again?" Simone asked

"I decided to transfer here from UCLA because an HBCU was always the dream so here I am. Jordan just happened to finally get his shit together sort of and he is going to come here too. I am sorry that he ended things." Liv was still rooting for them.

"THAT was your American boy? Oh, I would pay to see British bae and American boy in the same room." Gigi snickered, frowning when Simone hit her arm.

"You have a new man? Please do tell and I apologize if I spend all this time catching up with her, Giselle. We just lost touch and I didn't want to make things weird when I should've just-"

"Olivia." Simone stopped her.

"Yeah, Olivia!" Gigi teased.

"There is no need to apologize. Besides, Simone talked about you a lot so I know y'all are two peas in a pod. Now your brother may be fine but he hurt my sis so I am fighting him when I see him again." Giselle held up her fists punching the air.

"Excuse my bodyguard. It's all good Liv. There is nothing to apologize for. We reconnected for a reason."

"God, I hope one of them is to stop that idiot from marrying Harper." Liv furrowed her brows.