Movie with Mom (Part 2)

After a couple of extremely depressing classes, school is finally over.. I can go home, curse at myself for existing, and do the same thing again tomorrow.

"How was school sweetie?" My mom asked as I got into the car. "Good." I replied and stared out the window.. I see Billy getting on his bike. He's probably not doing anything later today because for some reason papers don't get delivered on Wednesdays, maybe I could hang out with him later..?

"Hey, I was thinking we could watch a movie today?" My mom said. Neverr mindd.. It's not that I don't want to, it's just I know she's going to give me that 'you know you can talk to me' talk so..

"Yeah, what movie?"
"It's a surprise.." she says with a smile on her face.
The rest of the car ride was quiet, I was just staring out the window trying to figure out what movie it could be.
The car arrives at our house and we head inside. I hang up my book bag, and start heading towards my room.

"Where are you going?" My mom asks.
"My.. room?"
"You're not going to watch the movie?"
"Oh, I- I didn't know we were watching that now.. I just have to grab something." I reply
She nods and I walk to my room, closing the door behind me. I sink to the floor and wrap my arms around my legs.

Deep breaths Griffin.

I feel so overwhelmed and I don't know why. Every time I see my mother and her sad smile I can't help but feel bad. Every time she gets something for me I feel bad. She always looks so upset that she can't do more, when she's already doing to much. I feel so guilty like I'm weighing her down, and whatever is going on with Billy.. if I do actually like him..

I should just k-
"Griffin, are you alright?" My mom ask's concerned.
"Y-yeah I'll be out in a second." I respond with a shaky voice. I waited till I heard her footsteps fade before I got up, and wiped my teary eyes

An hour later we're at the end of the movie, me and mom were sitting at opposite ends of the couch. The ending is a kissing scene with a man and a woman, then the credits rolled. That's so dumb.. what do they do after?!
My mom saw the disgust on my face and giggled.

"You loved this movie when you were little, I thought it would be nice to watch it with you again." She said, with a.. warm smile. "I do like it.. just not that I guess." I replied. "You won't find it gross when you fall in love." I let out a quiet sigh as my smile fades. "What does it feel like.. love I mean." I ask hesitantly. "Why? Do you have someone you might like?" She asks with a smug look on her face. "No!" I reply a little to quickly "I'm just curious."
"Well.. I don't really know how to explain it. You just feel warm, and happy around that person."
"What if someone likes someone they shouldn't." I ask, looking away. My mom moved next to me. "There are no rules to love sweetheart.. Hey, look at me Griffin." She puts a hand on my cheek and lightly pushes my face, forcing me to look at her. My eyes were starting to water, I was about to cry.
"There is nothing wrong with you Griffin." She continued. "Love isn't something you can control. Others might say you're a freak for liking who you like, but there will always be people that will love you." She pulled me into a tight hug. "Please promise me that you will come to me when you need help." She said, starting to tear up as well. "Yes- yes I promise." I reply. "Alright.. You should head to bed Griffin, I love you." She said with a sigh as she stops hugging me. "Ok.. Goodnight, love you too."

I walk to my room with tears still rolling down my face. Well.. I was right about getting a talk, but that was not the talk I was expecting.. I get my pajamas on and lay down. facing the wall.
I'm so lucky to have her.