15

I hear the sound of the sword quickly slicing through the air. I look down and tense, hoping this will be quick and mostly painless. I hear a loud clang of metal and wonder why I'm in no pain. I hear struggled grunting and open my eyes to see Amane struggling in front of me, knife in hand, his blade blocking the blondes.

He's obviously in pain but still he is powering through, just to protect me. Do I really mean that much to him already?? "Y/N! Run! I'll catch up with you!"

I hesitantly do as he says and run off, tears starting to form in my eyes but I continue to run. I don't know where I'm going but at this point I couldn't care less. It takes all of my might to not run back to Amane but I know there's nothing I can do. So, I keep running.

I eventually find myself on the roof. I fall to my knees, now in too much pain to move. I'm able to stay like that for a while before I hear someone talking from above me "There you are, evil spirit!" It says. I look behind me and see another small blonde boy with a purple umbrella standing on the roof. He jumps down and continues talking "I'm from Kamame Junior high, 3rd year. I'm Kou Minamoto, in case they ask you how you finally got sent to the underworld" He says with a grin "Y-you're from the Minamoto clan, aren't you..." I ask, please don't be... I can't fight, especially not like this "That's right, and you should be trembling at the very mention of my name" He smirks.... I am trembling... maybe his eyesight needs to be checked out "And now, it's time to do my duty as a member of the Minamoto clan. Hope you're ready!" He says, preparing to jump again "Chisana!" He shouts as he jumps towards me, raising his umbrella as if it's a sword.

I go to move before I realise, it's an umbrella, is he trying to exorcise me with an umbrella? I reach out and grab the umbrella, blocking the blow. He smirks at me and I suddenly feel a powerful zap shoot up my arm through my whole body. I scream in agony and back away from him. His grin widens as he takes out a staff from the umbrella "This is an ancient exorcising tool passed down in my family for generations!" He tells me. The only reason I'm not gone yet is because there was something able to absorb some of the blow, I'm lucky this time, but I know that if I'm hit 1 more time, I'm gone.

He charges at me again. I get up and run, only just able to avoid the electricity radiating off of the staff. Without missing a beat, he runs towards me again, anger and determination flaring in his bright blue eyes. I'm able to run from him for a little while longer before I eventually find myself cornered. "Heh..." The boy smirks again. I'm screwed. There's no one to help me this time. The boy walks closer to me with a wide grin plastered across his face.

I'm so useless. Amane's gotten so hurt just cause I asked him to teach me how to fly and got the attention of an exorcist. I close my eyes tightly and wait for my demise once again.

I hear another clang, open my eyes, and Amane is there... again. He looks different though. He has a long black cape. Amane and the blonde boy quickly break out into a fight. I watch in awe until a single sentence falls from the blonde boys mouth "Come on you damn murderer!" Everything seems to freeze. Murderer? Amane? No way, that can't be right... right? "Hey!" I grab the 2 boys attention "Hanako isn't a murderer! I'm his friend and his assistant and he isn't like that!" I yell.

The blonde boy looks at me in surprise but it quickly turns into annoyance "Stop trying to cover for him! He carries a knife around! That means he used it when he was alive! He killed someone!" The blonde boy shouts at me. Amane jumps at the boy and pins him down while he's distracted "Cats outta the bag now. What if I wasn't ready to share that with my new friend?" He says. I look at him in complete confusion and fear. Did he really kill someone? Amane raises his knife above his head, positioned to fall right above the blonde boys heart. The boy closes he eyes and I do too "Boop!" I hear. I open my eyes and see the blonde boy looking at Amane in surprise, Amane just flicked his nose.

He goes on telling the boy that even though he tried, he still isn't a very powerful exorcist. I sweat drop at that, I was almost killed by an amateur exorcist... "But- I tried to exorcise you!?" The blonde boy yells in confusion.

"I know! That's why I have to do this!" Amane says with a smile before punching the boy full force in the stomach. The boy falls back to the ground and I quickly pick up the staff.

"Uh, hey Amane?" I say. Amane looks at me curiously "Should we hide this staff while he's out?" I say, gesturing to the blonde boy at my feet. "Are you seriously worried about him exorcising me?" He says, walking towards me. I take a few steps back to create a little bit of distance. "Of course I am!" I yell back "I don't wanna lose my friend!" I say.

Amane's smile drops from his face and is replaced by a menacing one, full of seemingly malicious intent. I step back more until my back hits the wall. He holds his knife to my neck. "So, you know the truth, and you're willing to be friends with a murderer?" He says.

"I-I..." I'm lost for words.

Amane laughs "I'm just kidding! You should have seen your face!" He says, his normal smile coming back to his face as he puts away his knife and he starts walking away. "He's not very skilled yet, so I doubt he will be able to exorcise me any time soon" He looks back at me teasingly "I can't say the same about you though" He walks out the door. "Hey!" I yell and run after him, ignoring the searing pain from my wounds.

I chase after him for a while and we make our way around the building until we finally end up in a classroom.

I run in after him and stand near the doorway. Amane slouches down and looks at a man sitting at a desk, marking papers. "Tsuchigomori-sensei! Nice to see you again!" He says and the man looks up. He has a pair of gold-rimmed glasses sitting on his nose with a gold chain attached to either end. He is wearing a purple turtleneck with a white lab coat over top and black gloves on. "No. 7" He says, nodding at Amane. I jump out of the room and wait with my back pressed against the door.

I hear the Tsuchigomori guy stand up quickly and walk over to Amane "Hey! What the hell happened to you?" He says in alarm. "Heh, just got in a little fight with one of the Minamoto boys" He says relaxed. "How the hell did they find you?" He says disappointedly. "Oh, they didn't find me, they found my friend!" He says. At this point I'm peeking around the corner and I see Amane look behind him, expecting to see me. His face falls and I quickly wip back around the corner, hoping he didn't see me.

I hear footsteps coming closer... "Hey Y/N, whatcha doing hiding over here?" Amane says before pulling me into the room. I glare at him before looking back at Tsuchigomori and he looks back at me in confusement "Who the hell is that?" He asks,. A small smile spreads across my face "I'm Chisana-San of the drama room!" I say and he nods "It's good to finally meet you Chisana." He smiles.