sixteen

*Michael's POV* (song for the chapter: I Think I'm In Love // Kat Dahlia) (just in case the link doesnt work)

I'd been worried about Ana all night long. I know when she drinks the probability of things ending on a good note is slight. The last time she got smashed she almost got arrested for breaking Noah Fields window. Even though we weren't talking when it happened I still heard about it and I still worried about her.

When she walked off at the beginning of the party I knew I needed to keep an eye on her. I knew she could possibly handle herself depending on how drunk she was. I wasn't risking it though, so I would keep an eye out for her through-out the night. I would still enjoy myself, but I would look for her every once in a while. Right? Wrong, like always.

It started off on the right track in the beginning, but as the night carried on I got more anxious. I didn't want to leave her alone for too long because I wasn't sure how drunk she was. I wasn't sure if she was emotionally unstable at the moment or if she was okay. All I knew is that if she got into some deep shit I would hold myself accountable for it because I was watching her.

So far Ana had gone up to the table filled with drinks about six times. That means six different cups of whatever the hell she decided to pour herself. I'm almost positive her technique was to pick up whatever bottle she looked at first and pour unequal parts into the cups.

"How many drinks have you had so far?" I asked her taking the cup she had already had in her hand away.

"Maybe one or two or five," she hiccupped grabbing another cup. How the hell did Cal afford all this shit?

"I think you've had enough. It's almost twelve, you should probably go lay down in Cal's bed." I suggested taking the second cup out of her hand throwing it behind me.

"No, I want to get a kiss this year. I want a kiss. Help me find a kiss," she complained.

"I wish," I chuckled.

No you don't Michael. Don't lie. Why would you want her to kiss a random stranger? Exactly, you wouldn't.

"Stop wishing and help me make it happen," she laughed. I really hope she wasn't serious.

"I don't think you need a kiss, Ana. It might lead to more than a kiss and I know you don't want that."

"Then help me find a responsible kiss," she giggled.

"I don't think so," I smiled at her. She was hardly making any sense right now.

"Lame."

"Thank you."

"I'll just kiss my cup then," she laughed. Yes please kiss a cup on New Year's.

"Yes, a cup filled with water."

"Or diluted vodka," she smirked. At least she tried to but failed when her eyes closed and hiccupped. It was still cute though.

"Or water."

"Or water," she mimicked.

"Alright enough," he laughed.

"Alright, enough."

"Time for bed," I chuckled as I threw her over my shoulder. Still light as a feather in my opinion.

"Mikey no," she whined.

No matter how much she begged and pleaded I was set on taking her into Calum's room and having her go to bed. She could barely walk and if I don't do something about it I know I'll find her back at that table downing another glass of whatever.

When I made to his room I tried to flip her over my shoulder and help her stand, but me being the smooth guy I am I ended up dropping her.

"Shit, oops." I laughed reaching for her hand. When she grabbed my hand back she gave it an unexpected tug causing me to fall on her.