Chapter 3

Third person's pov

Aether walked in the kitchen and put the food in their plates. He sat down, waiting for Xiao. After some minutes, the sleepy boy came and sit down in front of aether. They both ate silently. There was an awkward silence between the two until aether decided to break the ice.

A: "How is the food?"

Xiao looked at him and back at his plate

X: "it's nice"

A: "I'm glad you like it ^^"

X: "mhm.."

Xiao finished his food and looked at aether.

X: "Almond tofu is my favorite dish. Thank you"

Aether blushed slightly.

A: "oh no problem at al- WHAT ARE YOU DOING-"

Xiao leaned closer to aether, placing a hand on his forehead.

X: "your cheeks are pink. Are you sick?"

A: "wha- oh-um- n-no I'm not im fine it's just- it's too hot in here.. Yeah.. Haha.."

X: "oh? Okay then"

Xiao took his hand back and sat down again.

V: "YOOO I SMELL FOOD"

H: "FOOD? HELL YEAH I'M STARVING"

X: "oh? But i thought you guys didn't want to e-"

Xiao's mouth was covered by aether's palm

A: "there's plenty of food, take as much as you want ^^"

H: "thanks buddy"

Xiao glared at aether, stood up and went back to his room.

A: did i do something wrong..?

Aether decided to follow xiao. He knocked on his door but no response. He knocked again.

X: "what do you want again?"

A: "oh um i was just wondering if you were okay.."

X: "no I'm not. Dont talk to me"

A: "huh? Did i do something wrong..?"

X: "yes now leave me alone."

Aether looked down. He wanted to know what he did wrong but he shouldn't push xiao too much.. When he was ready he would tell him. So he decided to leave.

He went back to his room and laid down on his bed, thinking what could have possibly pissed xiao. But he couldn't think of anything.

_______________________

A couple of days passed and the two hadn't talked. Meanwhile, Aether got to know the rest of them better. They were all pretty cool guys, even scaramouche. I mean yes he could be mean at times but deep down he has a kind heart. Very deep down.

H: "Hey aether, we're going to have a movie night, wanna join?"

A: "Sure"

H: "great! Kazuha even got scaramouche to join us! Do you think xiao will come?"

A: "i don't know.. I think he's still pissed"

H: "oh? What happened?"

A: "i don't really know but something i said or did got him mad"

H: "hmmmmmmmm"

H: "maybe you should talk to him. It's been a couple of days since that happened"

A: "yeah.. You're right"

H: "but what could you have done wrong? You're the kindest and most innocent person I've ever met, sunshine"

A: "huh"

H: "what?"

A: "what did you call me-"

H: "sunshine"

A: "oh? Ig that's my new nickname?"

H: "yup!"

A: "alright, thanks Hei. I'll go talk to him"

H: "bye bye and good luck!"

A: "thanks!"

Aether walked up to xiao's room and took some deep breaths. After some seconds he knocked.

X: "no"

A: "please..?"

X: "no"

A: "come on, are you still mad?"

X: "yes and no"

A: "can we at least talk about it? I don't even know what I did wrong"

X: "you lied to me."

A: "huh-"

X: "you said the others didn't want to eat with you but they were all hungry"

A: "oh- look xiao I'm sorry.. I just.. I wanted to make you feel welcomed.. You didn't really talk to anyone and I was worried you would feel left out.."

X: "...."

A: "i understand if you're mad at me but i promise i won't lie again.."

Xiao opened the door.

X: "why would you care so much about me.."

A: "huh?"

X: "I'm not even that important.. I mean.. The others are more fun.."

A: "Xiao.. You're not less important than the others.. We're all equal.."

Aether hugged xiao softly. Xiao gasped and stayed there still.

X: "what are you doing...?"

A: "hugging you"

X: "what's that..."
_____________________________
Yes new chapter. My motivation is still here surprisingly. Thank you everyone for reading this ^^ I appreciate it a lot!
I might update again today, cya loves <3333