ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴꜰᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

There were shocked and startled gasps that echoed around the table. Everyone had their eyes widened as they stared at Quigley Quagmire.

"I was hoping you could help me find my siblings," Quigley continued boldly like their stares weren't bothering him at all. Everyone clung to every word that came out of his mouth. "Duncan and Isadora Quagmire."

There was silence; pin drop silence, that Ophelia was sure she could hear the pounding of her own heartbeat. Quigley's words seemed to sink in, as his brown eyes reflected hope; a hope similar to what the Baudelaires had.

"Duncan and Isadora Quagmire are safe," Klaus reassured. Quigley immediately snapped his head towards him.

"How do you know?"

"They were our friends, we helped them escape from the hot air balloon in the Village of Fowl Devotees."

The hope that was shining in his eyes, burned brighter as he let out a relieved smile, the corners of his eyes creasing.

"They're safe," Quigley mumbled under his breath in relief.

"But they think you are dead, that you died in the fire," Violet added.

"I know," Quigley said, his face dropping, a sad expression coming on his face. 

"How did you survive?" Ophelia spoke, finally finding her voice.

"And where were you all this while?" Katerina asked, a girl about Klaus's age, her brown eyes filled with curiosity as she rested her face on her elbow.

"And are you OK?" Grace Delarosa, a woman in her late thirties, asked with concern.

"I survived as my mother opened a trapdoor and let me out. I was travelling in the tunnels, going through a few houses, to find my siblings. And yes thank you, I'm fine." He said the last part and directed a smile toward her.

Ophelia had an ocean of questions that she was waiting to ask, but at the same time, she couldn't even think of how to proceed. Katerina, her twin sister, Katherine, Tom, William and more asked all questions to their heart's content.

"How did you find out about VFD?"

"I found out about VFD when I sought shelter in a home and was found by Jaques."

"Jaques? Jaques Snicket?" Ophelia asked in wonder and Quigley nodded his head.

"How did you find our headquarters?"

"I read a book about how to find VFD headquarters called Remarkable Phenomena of the Mortmain Mountains."

"Wow, you really are smart then," Katerina said, her eyes lighting up in wonder and Quigley turned into a deep shade of red.

"I hope you can get some rest here," Grace said in a motherly tone.

"Yes, I know all of our volunteers came from a long way, we should all rest," Bertrand suggested and all the volunteers nodded their heads. Kit let out a small yawn.