Aaron

When we arrived at the hotel last night, I was confused as to why we were here. I thought Asher said we would be at his house for the week. I guess he changed his mind. Considering what happened the last time I was there, I can't blame him. I could have anything on me at any time and he wouldn't find it even if it was right under his nose. I told him I put away the agent life, but he doesn't have to know everything about me.

I woke up this morning, not at all surprised to find Asher missing. I half expected to see the kids in his place, knowing Diane left them with Brad the night before. When I didn't hear Vincent's light snores from the other room, I knew Asher had taken him somewhere. I'm assuming he knows to keep Vincent busy, while I'm being shown what my place looks like. I hope we don't have to change anything. Last minute changes are the worst.

I got up to take a shower, but something felt off. I couldn't tell what it was. I ignored it and focused on the problem at hand. I planned on hanging out with Rylie and the girls today. Sha'Kera was flying in today, so we'd meet with her later. Honestly, she travels so much, but sleeps like a baby when the timezones don't mess with her sleep schedule.

After my shower, I picked out something I knew wouldn't become a problem once I hung out with the girls. I always seem to pick something I curse myself for wearing once we start having fun. They never seem to mind, but I honestly hate being uncomfortable. I can never let go of the mentality I had with Luca. I don't need to dress up for everything. I'm a normal person now.

There was a knock at the door that startled me into covering up quickly. I grabbed a robe and rushed out of my room to the door.

"Hi, I'm sorry to disturb you, but your husband told me to collect my payment from you," the man said.

"Oh...Give me a second." I smiled and scurried back to the room to see a stack of bills on the nightstand with a note. I skimmed over it and hurried back to the man with the money. "Here you go."

"Thank you. Have a good day, miss."

"You, too."

Again, the nagging feeling of being watched came back. I looked around me and sighed. I hadn't been back here in so long that any foreign place is uncomfortable. I ignored it once again, blaming it on me not traveling as often as I used to. I hurried to get dressed, only stopping to take Asher's call. He wanted to know what I was doing and I told him I was just getting ready to meet with Rylie before going out with the girls.

I was in the middle of doing my make-up when Rylie shot me a text. She said she was going to be late due to her husband and kids coming back early for the party tomorrow. I didn't mind. At least I wouldn't have to rush to meet her at my house. I could stop for some coffee and maybe visit someone I knew would love to see me.

I stood in silence, looking at myself in the mirror just outside my room. I'd updated Asher on my plans, hoping he wouldn't send me another text for a couple of hours. He was going to take Vincent to see his company just an hour or so away. When I was finally satisfied with how I looked, I got ready to leave and my world went black.

I regained consciousness to see a man sitting on the bed in front of me. The back of my head hurt like crazy. I looked down to see that my hands and feet had been duct taped together. Really? Again? I looked up again to see the man staring at me. I was going to make a rude remark, but my mouth had been gagged. He's smart. He must know me.

"I should probably introduce myself before things go any further. I'm Aaron," he said with a small smile. Something about him disturbed me. "I'm sure you're heard my name before. I do try to keep a low profile as best I can."

He smiled cunningly, revealing two rows of perfect, white teeth. I rolled my eyes, causing him to chuckle. What's so funny? What does he want? He's wasting my time. He stood up and walked around the chair to stand behind me.

Aaron untied my gag after I promised not to scream. I wouldn't anyway. I wasn't in any danger right now. Unless he was planning to kill me.

"Tell me your name," he demanded.

Does he not know me? If he expects me to know him, then he should know me. I'm practically a walking news article. Maybe he's just dumb.

"Why should I tell you?" I growled.

"I'm sure your husband and son wouldn't like to find you dead when they return." Aaron stood in front of me.

I stared up at him and half smiled. If he doesn't know me, then we'll leave him guessing about my name. He doesn't know what nicknames I go by. Let's test that theory.

"It's Danni. Now what do you want, Aaron?"

"Well, Danni...why don't you and I take a little walk," he said, ignoring my question. He whipped open a pocket knife. I knew for a fact he wouldn't hurt me until he got what he wanted, so I opened my mouth like I was going to scream. "Don't you dare or you won't ever speak again." Aaron cut the duct tape, freeing me from the chair.

I didn't move, afraid I would fall the moment I stood up. I had to find a way away from him and safely to Rylie. If he allows me to take my purse, I can find my car and hightail it her way. Aaron held out a hand for me to take. I stared at it in disgust.

"Take it, idiot," he said. "I have some business to take care of and I need your cooperation."

"And why should I help you?" I asked. "What's in it for me?"

"You women always want something. Just follow my lead and you won't get hurt."

I was tempted to just stay put and see if he really wanted my help. I'm sure there's plenty of other women who'd like to get kidnapped by him. He doesn't look that bad. I wouldn't dare say he was that attractive to me.

I took his hand and he pulled me up from the chair. We were heading to the door when I spotted my purse on the floor. I stopped him, so I could grab it. A woman isn't a woman without her purse. I could tell that he hadn't confiscated any of my things, so my keys were still in there somewhere. If I have to take a taxi, then so be it.

"Here." Aaron picked up a wig with wavy, black hair. Ain't no way I'm wearing this. "Unless you want to find yourself in a ditch, I suggest you put this on."

"...No." I crossed my arms.

"A picture goes a long way, Danni. What would your husband think if someone sent him word of you and I together?"

If he doesn't know me, then why is he threatening me with photos? How does he know that I can look completely different if I put on a wig or wear different hairstyles? There's something going on here and I intend to find out what it is. Anyway, Asher wouldn't dare believe I was cheating on him in our hotel room.

 Anyway, Asher wouldn't dare believe I was cheating on him in our hotel room