one

Another Saturday night, another party at Nate's house. Maddy stared at herself in the bathroom mirror, anger arising each time her new eyeliner smudged. "Why the fuck did I pay this much for this shit." She practically growled. Cassie stood beside her, the light from her phone glowing across the soft features on her face. Maddy watched her through the mirror; stared at her, wondering if she looked just as effortlessly beautiful as her best friend. She wondered if Nate looked at her the way she was looking at Cassie and thought she was the prettiest girl he had ever seen.

Cassie's face creased in a subtle smile, as far as Maddy knew she was texting her new crush McKay, a guy a few years older than them. He was the one crush of Cassie's Maddy could bear, he seemed to be nice but then again that's how they all act in the beginning. Maddy didn't care, she just knew that if he broke her heart she would end him.

People described the golden retriever and black cat duo as sisters, that's how they were, so close despite only knowing each other a few years. It was Cassie before anyone else for Maddy and vice versa, everybody knew that.

"Let's go." Maddy said, closing the cap of the eyeliner, hiding it in the cabinet before leaving. "Why did you put it there?" Cassie asked in confusion. "So if Nate has any other bitch around she knows he's mine." She smiled dramatically, almost uneasily and it scared Cassie. "But that's okay, I know he's not stupid enough to do that." She rolled her eyes as she turned around. The truth is, Nate already had cheated on Maddy. Twice to be exact. Neither of them looked anything like Maddy, both blonde white girls; she'd been debating whether to keep silent or completely lash out. At the end of the day, she knew it was completely Nate's fault however, she didn't want him to leave her, she didn't want to end up alone again.

The house was full of drunk teenagers dancing or making out in a 'secluded' corner. Maddy turned her nose up in disgust as she weaved through the crowd of classmates. Something she would never admit is that she's more of a night in drinking and talking about boys with her girls type of person however in this age group, staying at home means you're a prude or an innocent little try-hard.

"Should we get drinks?" Maddy asked, turning to her best friend. "Cassie?" She questioned at her friend's absence, her tongue poking through her cheek at the realisation that she's gone missing again. "Great."

Walking through the house, she searched for Nate. This party had been utter shit so far; maybe it was because for the past three weekends, Maddy couldn't catch a break. Every single week there was another party at another person's house and she attended every single one of them, even if Cassie or Nate didn't.

Among the crowds of people she noticed her boyfriend: the tall, lean, pissed off teenage boy staring right back at her. His eyes looked tired, like he hadn't slept in weeks, his hair was messy and clearly needed a trim but Maddy didn't care, those were all parts of him she found attractive.

He sipped from the red solo cup in his hand, excusing himself from the group as he found his way towards her. There was no way she could lose sight of him in this crowd, he was taller than average, standing out from the rest. That's why Nate was so loved, he was attractive, smart and good at every thing imaginable.

He pushed her against the wall, hard yet soft, making sure he didn't hurt her. His hands grabbed her cheeks, laced through her hair and explored her body. Maddy was usually confident, assertive and bitchy, nothing and no one could make her as nervous as Nate did in that moment. His lips moved from her cheek, to her jaw, her neck, her protruding collarbone, lower and lower. Maddy's hands played with the messy brown hair she loved so much, she felt like right now was her moment; the moment she was going to leave her old self behind and become a new person.

With one sudden slam of the door, everything stopped, Nate rolled his eyes, got up from his place on the floor and walked away. "What the fuck do you want?" He whisper-yelled at the culprit. "Come outside. Now." The voice said before leaving. Maddy got up from her slumped position against the wall, adjusted her dress and watched as Nate looked back at her before following behind. She was taken aback, someone else ordered Nate to do something and he...followed?