Chapter 14

No one POV
After George and Sapnap finish gawking at y/n's impressive shooting, they make their way back to their rooms, as Tommy dis also after his 'encounter' with dream. The dirty blonde in question returned to his quarters, and now lies on his bed, clouded with thoughts of his Angel, his goddess, y/n.

Dream POV
She's so perfect. I didn't think people like her existed, only figments of lonely imaginations. When I talk to her, sometimes I trip and wonder if she's just a ghost of what I wish could be. But she really is there- here. And oh god, she plagues my mind every night, every day. All of the time. My mind turns to the frustrating boy - Tommy - who is trying to poison y/n with ideas that I have ulterior motives, and perhaps I'm not who I seem. It's complete bullshit I need to tell her, before she starts believing him. I can't have her getting the wrong idea, or any idea at all, not when we're so close to finishing the transaction. This would be the worst time for her to get any information.

Knock knock. I'm not usually pestered by anyone at this time, only George and Sapnap, on the off chance something has gone wrong or we need to have a meeting with only the three of us. But as far as I'm aware, there's nothing of importance to discuss. I bring the door towards me, and a cool breeze bites at my ankles. The halls are always this cold, especially during the late season, but the cold catches me off guard every time. I open the door to a masked face, and the person has disguised themselves. "What do you wan-" I begin

"It's time you majesty." These words feel like lightening running through me, and I fall silent. All I do is nod and step out of my room, walking shoulder to shoulder what the masked figure down the halls. Somehow, it seems the temperature drops again.

Y/n POV
I laugh quietly in my head at how accustomed to this castle I have become - or more specifically the route from the perimeters to my room. I hope to shut the door as discreetly as I can, praying Tommy is sleeping. But hey, when have I ever been that lucky.
"Where have you been?" He asks, his blonde hair as rugged as his expression.
"George and Sapnap took me down to the archery range. Easy to say I whooped their asses." I grin. Tommy doesn't return it.
"You've been gone for hours, and you should've come back here. I don't think it's safe anymore." Does he think I'm a child?
"I can do what I want, I'm a fully grown woman. And I think you're being a little overreacting."
"You wouldn't agree if you saw Dream threatening me in the hall if you weren't busy being swept away by his to henchman to la la land." He rolls his eyes, and I scoff at his accusations .
" ok first, I didn't exactly get a choice in the matter, and second, I don't believe that for a second, dream isn't like that. Are you really this petty that you try to pin things on him so I stop talking to him?"
"You're the one being petty y/n, you're defending this man who you've know for what... 5 minutes? That sounds naive to me. You've know me your whole life and yet you're taking his side. It's like you love him, you're the most two faced person I've met in a long time."

That's the end of the straw. "Tommy I love you, more than anything, but you're not the boy I fell in love with." My voice fails me as I finish speaking. I came through the door 5 minutes ago, and I'm now I'm leaving. "Y/n wait I'm sor-" the door deafens the rest of what he was saying. Sorry isn't good enough this time, sorry won't erase the cruel tone in his voice or vicious words.

I'm running down the halls, turning at corners and throwing myself up staircases. I have no idea where the hell I am, and the tears spelling from my bloodshot e/c eyes aren't helping much. When I do eventually stop, gasping for air, I'm in a dimmed, huge room, filled to the brim with books. This much be the library, obviously. A little calmer now, I take my sweet time stepping through rows of bookshelves, and stacks of them on the floor. I'm fairly sure Tommy lost me, thank goodness, and I seem to be the only one in here. Perfect. I need to clear my head. My fingertips glide over exposed spines, until one book peaks out at me. It's doesn't have a name, only a small deer painted in gold on the cover, dozing beneath what seems to be a large bush of heather.

I also spy a huge armchair, at least double my height by a large fire, roaring away and crackling with heated intensity. It reminds me of Tommy, and the thought alone burns my heart more than the flames ever could. Shaking away the pain feebly, I open the pages, and try to fall into a new world, unexplored and begging to be discovered. I'm a couple chapters in when an uneasy feeling of being watched fills my senses, pulling me away from the book. "Hello?" I ask, surprised when I'm greeted by my own echo. "Hello?" I ask again, although I feel foolish, because I'm pretty certain I'm the only one in here still. Opening up the pages once again, I settle on the chair. For about 3 seconds.

All of a sudden, there's an arm around my throat, forcing me from the chair. I thrash against them, but it's apparent almost immediately that this person has significant height over me. "Relax darling, and this will all go a lot smoother." The voice... It sounds similar... But who? Without warning, a rag, drenched in a foul liquid is pushed against my mouth and nose, causing me to inhale whatever's on there. I feel drowsy before long, now knowing I've been drugged. I only have a few moments before I loose myself entirely. "In my opinion, this should be considered cheating."

Someone turns the lights off. I think this is the moment where I think I'm going to die soon.