[ 2.1 ]

≊

CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2.1
FINALLY MEETING YOU

QUOTE OF THE CHAPTER:
"You must choose if you return a vampire."
- Elizabeth

When you wake from death you never expect to land yourself on a beach

When you wake from death you never expect to land yourself on a beach. Lay flat on the sand looking towards the beautiful sunset. Josephine took a deep sigh as she felt the gentle breeze. She shut her eyes once more taking a deep breath when someone took a seat next to her. "Feels nice doesn't it." The person questioned. Josephine didn't reply but instead continued to stare forward. "I never thought I would meet you." The person continued to talk. Josephine finally decided to turn towards the person.

She's always seen pictures of her mother, Once's with everyone hugging and smiling around her. She always felt jealous of the fact she never got to meet her. Yet here she is now. Sitting in her death next to her. "Mom?" Josephine said softly as the woman next to her began to smile. "Indeed my daughter." The woman said softly. Moving to place a hand on the girl's chin. "I did not wish for you to die so young. Yet here are..." the woman whispered pushing a strand of Josephine's hair behind her ear.

"Did you know the nickname I wanted you to have was Phine." The woman chuckled slightly as Josephine looked at her confused. "Phine?" Josephine questioned moving to sit facing the woman. Her mother nodded turning to look towards the sea. "Yes named after your grandfather. Johnnys father." Her mother shook her head slowly turning towards Josephine. "Fingle Devon."  The woman said making Josephine let out a large laugh. "Hes was old man. He did everything for the family until he was killed..." The mother trailed off looking towards the sky.

"Who killed him?" Josephine questioned placing a hand on her mothers. "Joshua Parker. He needed power to remove his son." Her mother explained with anger in her voice. "He's a sociopath who was untreated and completed locked out of his family. Over looked thrown under the rug." Her mother continued before standing off from the ground. "And he was sent away to this prison world. Where he has had no human contact. No one to help him." Her mother began to pace. Josephine joined her mother standing from the sand.

"You know he was like a son to me. Always talked me when he felt like was going to hurt someone." Her mother stopped pacing turning to face Josephine. "He told about his feeling. I taught him what was wrong or right." Elizabeth said softly walking to her daughter. "He was just locked away." She shook her head laughing slightly. The woman sighed looking at her daughters eyes. "I'm going to give you tap thing. One is important. The other is if you choose it to be." Elizabeth stayed pulling out a wrapped cloth. She unraveled the fabric showing two boxes.

She lifted one handing it to Josephine. "This was meant to be my daylight ring. I wish for you to have it. If you choose to go back." her mother explained making the girl stop. "If I choose?" The blonde asked as her finger ran down the blue velvet box. "Oh you have a choice to go back as no other peacemaker exists. I couldn't because you was born." Elizabeth stated however it only brought Josephine pain. "I'm sorry..." she whispered looking towards her mother in tears. Elizabeth quickly moved to bring her daughter into a hug. "It's okay. It wasn't your fault. I just wish for you to go back." She mother whispered in the girls shoulder as tears rolled down Josephines cheeks.

"Go back to your brother, Sister, Father and your fiancee." Elizabeth smiled pulling out of the hug watching her daughter as she began to smile again. "If you choose to go. Visit Kai. You have the ability to do so. Just grab some Bennett Blood for your journey home." Her mother laughed grabbing the last box. Handing to the girl. "If you wish to visit Kai... Hand him this. He will know to trust you..." Elizabeth smiled placing a hand on her daughters cheek once more. "I love you Phine. I'll always watch over you." her mother said finally before fading away.

Josephine looked around as a light feeling sat in her chest at the nickname. She took a deep sigh looking towards the ocean. Holding the two boxes close to her chest. She looked down to the blue velvet box. She opened the box slowly allowing herself to see the ring. A smile on her lips as she balanced the empty box on top is the closed. Using her freehand to grasp the ring. Sliding it on her middle finger. She sighed watching as it slid on like butter. Like it was made for her.

Josephine smiled shutting the velvet box looking back towards the sea. "Time to go home." She whispered shutting her eyes allowing herself to take one last breathe. Listening to the sounds of the waves fading. The sounds of the wind leaving her hearing. She faded from the dream land back into darkness. Ready for some new adventures.

 Ready for some new adventures