The Mutation

Izuku Midoriya was sitting in his class in middle school one day. He had been bullied nearly his whole life for lacking a quirk, but that was all about to change.

His eyes started burning and suddenly laser beams shot out of them, destroying the ceiling.

The teacher and students screamed and ran out of the room. Izuku tried to turn the beams off, but he didn't know how. After a few moments, he was able to by closing his eyes.

Once that ordeal was over, Izuku was arrested and thrown in a cell at a police station. He also had bandages wrapped around his eyes.

He had no idea what was going on. Why he was quirkless for most of his life, but suddenly out of nowhere got one?

'I don't understand. What's happening to me?' Izuku asked himself.

"These are troubling times for you, young man. But I can help you" said a voice in Izuku's head.

Izuku looked around, but didn't see anyone.

"Who's there?" Izuku asked.

"I am speaking to you in your mind, Izuku. I'm a telepath. I can help you learn to control your newfound ability" said the voice.

"How can you help me?" Izuku asked.

Izuku then heard the cell door open.

"By enrolling you in my school" he heard the voice again, this time not in his head, but right in front of him.

"Who are you?" Izuku asked.

"My name is Toshinori Xavier, but you can just call me Professor. I run a school for people with superhuman abilities, especially ones who's abilities come in at a later time" said Toshinori.

"People can get their quirk at later points in their life? I didn't even know that was possible" said Izuku.

"That's because not many people know about that. But before I tell you anything else, let's go to my school where we can find a way for you to see again" said the Professor.

"But wait. The police are just gonna let me go? And what about my mom? Shouldn't I tell her first?" Izuku said.

"I already talked to the police and the pro heroes. They've agreed to release you as long as I keep an eye on you. I've also talked to your mother, and she agrees that attending my school is what's best for you. Now let's go to the school" said Toshinori.

After that, they started drove to the school. They were outside the campus and about to enter when Izuku bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going" he heard the person he bumped into say.

"I can't" said Izuku.

"Izuku, meet Ochako Uraraka, one of my newest students. She's a telepath like me" Toshinori said telepathically.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Uraraka" Izuku said.

"Nice to meet you, too, Izuku" Ochako said before leaving.

Even though he couldn't see her, Izuku thought Ochako's voice sounded nice.

Once they entered the school, they went into a room.

"Iida, here's the new mutant I was telling you about. Are his glasses ready?" Toshinori said.

"They are. You must be Izuku Midoriya. I've made these special glasses that are designed to contain your mutation" a voice said.

Izuku removed his bandages and put the glasses on.

"Now open your eyes" Iida said.

"What if I destroy something?" Izuku asked.

"Don't worry. You're in the Support Department. The walls of this place are designed to withstand almost anything. But let's just turn you away from us" said Iida as he turned Izuku the other way. When Izuku felt Iida's hands on his shoulders, they felt furry.

"Ok. Now open them" Iida said.

Izuku opened his eyes... and nothing happened. He could see, although everything was in red to him.

"Forgot to mention. The lenses are made of ruby quartz. So I'm afraid you're gonna be seeing everyone in red from now on" Iida said.

"It's fine. At least I can see again. Thank you, Iida- GAH!" Izuku said as he turned around and saw Iida had blue fur all over his body and he had yellow eyes.

"Probably should've mentioned my quirk is that I'm basically a beast. In fact, my hero name is actually Beast" said Iida.

"Sorry for screaming" Izuku said.

"It's fine. I'm used to it" Iida said.

"Now that you can see, let me show you around the school" Toshinori said.

When Izuku turned to Toshinori, he saw that he was in a wheelchair and had a bald head.

"Probably should have mentioned my disability to you as well" Toshinori said.

After that, Toshinori gave Izuku a tour of the school.

"I started this school many years ago to help troubled youths, like you, to control their mutations. I call it UA" said Toshinori as they went around the school.

"I don't understand, though. You called me a mutant, and you called my quirk a mutation. What did you mean by all that?" Izuku asked.

"Not many people know this, but another word for quirk is mutation, and the people who call quirks mutations, like me, usually call the people who have them mutants. Your mutation came to you today because it's very rare, but some people are very late bloomers" Toshinori explained.

"What about you? What's the story with your mutation?" asked Izuku.

"I have the ability to read minds, speak to others in their minds, even control their minds. I got my powers when I was a young boy, and eventually I learned how to control them. Your mutation is that you can create optic blasts from your eyes" said Toshinori.

"What about this school? How did you start it?" Izuku asked.

"When I was 17 I met a young man named Kotaro Shimura, who had the ability to create magnetic fields and control metal. We founded this school together, but he believed that there were some parts of mankind who would never accept us and he went mad with power. He became a dangerous mutant known as Magneto. And we've been enemies ever since" said Toshinori.

Once Toshinori had shown him the school, they took a secret elevator down to the lower levels, where there was a large circular room.

"Welcome to Cerebro. It's a device me and Kotaro built to locate other mutants. It's how I was able to locate you" said Toshinori as they entered Cerebro.

"Why can't you use it to locate Kotaro?" Izuku asked.

"I've tried to, but he has a helmet designed to block out my powers" said Toshinori as he turned to face Izuku.

"But besides that, are you willing to enroll in my school, Izuku? I've read your mind and saw that you've wanted to be a hero nearly your entire life. Will you give this school a chance?" Toshinori asked.

"I will" said Izuku.

Cyclops gets too much hate in my opinion, so I decided to do this book.