Four: Traitor?

Nicu simply wanted to interrogate the idiotic imbeciles, but a little devil disguised as an angel was in the way

Nicu simply wanted to interrogate the idiotic imbeciles, but a little devil disguised as an angel was in the way. He had never been more annoyed in his life. Of course, he was going to save the girl and was insulted that she thought otherwise. 

But information came first. 

He knew the man had no intention of harming her, so Nicu decided on throwing him off. It was one of his best investigating tactics... the art of surprise. When a person was caught off guard it was easy to loosen the truth from them. 

He was getting valuable information.

Why though, did the little hellion have to make such a scene? Nicu pondered. If only people could see things the way he did and keep calm, then she would understand his methods of approaching this issue. However, her outburst was positively adorable in its absurdity, and this was coming from an eccentric Roma.

She had to be no more than twenty-three by the looks of her. Her figure was pleasing to the eye, but also frail, especially in her beaten and weathered chemise. She was obviously an attractive creature, but Nicu was otherwise too preoccupied to marvel at some aristocratic beauty playing the damsel in distress that was not to his taste.

"My good fella, please ignore this rambling..." Nicu paused and cocked his head to the side thinking of a good definition for the girl, "chit and answer this. If it wasn't you men, then who did it?"

The ugly cockney was unable to answer as the tiny she-devil in a sudden burst of unexplained emotion, pressed her pretty lips against the cockney's filthy ones.

Both Nicu and the man's cohort snorted in horror and surprise at this strange turn of events. For once Nicu couldn't form words and was stunned into silence forgetting the case completely. The cockney dropped his hold on her and simultaneously the small birdlike woman, clawed the man's face so viciously both Nicu and the other guy winced.

The unknown silent colleague was quick to act, springing toward the girl, but Nicu's hold on the arms of the kid's jacket was firm and he kept the boy in place.

"What a waste," Nicu muttered to himself, cursing in Romani and blew a sharp whistle through his teeth. Kappi, like a most loyal bloodhound, popped out of a tree and landed right on the cockney's face as the man was about to strike the girl. He pushed her harshly to the ground as Kappi dug his claws into his face and screeched. The man tried yanking him off only to shriek in pain at the attempt.

"Now, don't kill him my fury coon, I need him."

"What is fis fing?" The cockney bellowed out.

"I wouldn't provoke my four-legged companion. He's not entirely tame and could be harvesting a disease. You wouldn't want to become rabid, would you?"

The boy in Nicu's grasp went heavy as a calf and Nicu began speaking in Romani as he grabbed the kids jaw, tilting him up only to see foam seeping from his mouth. He dropped the young lad and darted over to the cockney but was already too late as his mouth begun to foam as well.