Chapter 13

The grabber is a horrible cook

Mention of Drugs once, nothing too bad

Finney stared at the phone, and the door opened. He stepped away from it.

"I made you some breakfast."

"What'd you put in that?"

"Salt and pepper." He chuckled and put the tray on the ground "Eat it, don't eat it. You're already down here, what do I need to drug you for?" He went back upstairs, but he also left the door unlocked he noticed.

He opened it slightly, and the phone rang again. Finney ran to it.

"Hello?"

"Don't go upstairs."

"Why not?"

"It's a trap."

"Are you- are you Bruce?"

"Who's Bruce?"

"I was just talking to Bruce."

"I don't know any Bruce."

"He's a baseball player."

"We don't play baseball here."

"Who are you?"

"I don't remember."

"Did you play soccer, football?"

"I delivered newspapers."

"Billy. You're Billy showalter."

"Maybe."

"No, you're billy."

"Do not go upstairs."

"What is he doing?"

"Waiting. On the other side with that fucking belt. He didn't say you could leave, so if you try, he'll punish you. He'll beat you until you pass out. It hurts kid, it hurts real bad. You'll cry, you'll beg him to stop. We all did, but he just keeps beating you." Billy said, getting closer to his ear and then ending the call.

The line  ended, and Finney looked back and put the phone up. He decided to look, and he walked up slowly, he saw him waiting. So, Finney went back down and closed the door.

He started to eat the (nasty) eggs he had made and drunk the soda.

————————————————————————-

Gwen fell asleep in class, and her teacher came up to her.

"Aw you poor thing. Go to the nurses office and get a nap."

—————————————————————————

The phone rang once again while Finney slept. He woke up, and picked it up.

"You said my name was billy. Don't call me that. I don't remember it. That's not who I am now."

"What do you want me to call you then? What do you remember?" The soda can started to clank, and it fell to the the ground.

"I told you. I was a paperboy."

"Okay, Paperboy."

"See the wall in front of you? Separated from the floor? I tore a long cable loose from down there. I kept it hidden."

"What am I supposed to do with that?"

The bottle spun rapidly, and pointed to the vent that was high up.

——————————————————————-

While Gwen was sleeping, it seems like her prayers had been answered because she had another dream.

First she saw newspapers, and an orange jacket picking them up. A dog, and then a boy.

(Off topic but he's so fine. I'm 13 guys I promise I'm not a pedo 🙏🏽🙏🏽)

The boy rode his bike, with the newspapers and threw them on peoples front lawns while his dog followed behind.

She last saw the dog, And the bike knocked over while a black van drove off and away.

She saw a man with black balloons, he cackled and she quickly woke up and ran out the nurses office.

————————————————————————

Finney looked for the cable, he picked it up and threw it up to the vent. It took him a few tries, before he had an idea.

He went and grabbed a mat, and set it up to where one end was on the vent and he could just poke the cable through the hole on one end to the other, where the vent was.

And he did just that, He was determined to make it out. He grabbed both ends of the cable, and pulled on them making sure they wouldn't fall. Once they didn't fall or break, he started to climb up them, he fell, but went back up. He fell again, but he tied it to where his foot wouldn't fall.

He finally reached the vent, and pulled it off. He fell and He groaned in pain and looked up at it.

He was doing this for Robin most of all, for all the other victims, especially for Vance. He was also just trying to escape, but he knew that Marie would have some sort of comfort knowing the man that captured Robin and Vance was dead.

—————————————————————————-

Speaking of Marie, she currently sat with Max while he explained his thoughts.

"Anyways, so if-" he rambled on.

"Dude."

"And then-"

"Dude."

"Alright, so what do you thin-"

"Dude! Are you- are you fucking high?"

He stayed silent. She groaned.

"You're fucking high. We are literally trying to figure out who kidnapped my brother and boyfriend and your high."

"Sorry..?"

She got up to leave before he pushed her down back on the couch.

"Wait! Wait, wait! Please, please just listen."

She sighed "Fine."

"Look, it helps me think, maybe you should try it!"

"Dude! I'm 16!"

"I don't know what teenagers do these days!"

It wasn't a lie, after she found out vance had been kidnapped she had thought about it a lot (maybe even did it once.. or twice.) but I mean she was a teenager who was really in love, and then her boyfriend of almost 2 years gets ripped from her, obviously she has nothing better to do.

"Whatever, just- just continue." She wasn't doing this for herself, she thought.

She was doing this for Robin and Vance.

"Ok. So as I was saying, this place probably needs some type of... place to hold people, Like a basement, so, I have all the places in this area with basements marked." He pointed to the board and continued talking.

And as annoying as max was, taking breaks in between talking and planning to do drugs again, she listened to everything he said closely.