Chapter One - Arrival

~ This is my first Daminette fanfic, I hope you like it. I recently found this ship and love it. By the way, if you don't think my Damien or any other characters are accurate, I don't really care, this is my story and if you don't like it, read a different one.

The Author, Elle                                                                                                                                                                    ~

Marinette's POV:

It had been three years since Lila had joined Marinette's class and she had turned everyone on her in just three months, everyone, Ayla, Nino, Adrien. Now no one, not even the teachers liked Marinette, and believed all Lila's lies about her, and all because, on that one fateful day, Marinette had chosen to be a good person and not a mindless sheep. 

And today was the day that Marinette could jump ahead, she could disappear. Today was the day she was graduating, after working hard at it for two years, Marinette would be graduating one year before her class, which meant she could disappear, Hawkmoth had been caught last year. 

But at the reveal, everyone had planned, once she saw that her beloved Chat Noir was one of her main tormentors, she couldn't go through with it, she couldn't reveal her identity to him, to Adrien Agreste, so Ladybug took back all the miraculous and told them all that they were unworthy, that she had seen what they had done to Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and of course, she had seen what they'd done, she was Marinette.  

Now one year later, people still had the Akuma attack alarm up and running because as Mayor Bourgeois, "One can never be too careful with miraculous around." now, the people of Paris occasionally saw Ladybug, swinging around town, but there had been nothing evil or dangerous in the city since Hawkmoth's defeat. 

Uncle Jagged had got her an apartment once her parents had disowned her, two years ago after some months of neglect and punishment she didn't deserve. Her parents had disowned her on the very day she became the Guardian of the Miracle box. She was allowed to live alone because of her emancipation and had since she was 14. Her apartment had already been packed up and sent to Gotham City, yes she knew it was known as the city of crime. But she thought that it would be a great place to hide, mainly because no one would think she'd go there, of all places. 

Ever since finding out Chat Noir's identity, Marinette had worked on figuring out who was behind the mask and then had had the kwamis go and check her, so far she had figured out Superman, the entire Batfam, and some others including the Teen Titans. She had also figured out some villains, like The Riddler, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and more. 

Back to the present, Marinette was looking around herself, making sure that no one was around before running across the school to the Principal's office, where she would receive her diploma and head back to her apartment so that she could change and make her flight. 

Marinette had almost made it out of school when the PLT, or Protect Lila Team, caught sight of her rushing down the steps and she caught sight of them, 'I hope they don't hurt or find Tikki', careful not to trip as she ran faster, trying to escape before they caught her. Unfortunately, that didn't help Marinette much when struggling against her old friends as they beat her black and blue. 

So that was how Marinette ended up barely making her plane and babying a broken rib or two, a sprained ankle, and quite a few bruises on various parts of her body, most done with Ayla's baseball bat. Marinette wasn't sure, she was just grateful to be getting away from Paris, although the airport staff had given her some painkillers when they found out, and some of the flight attendants helped her get her and her luggage through security when she hobbled through the check-in doors, with horrible bruises on her face, and an arm clearly around her body to stop it from jostling and limping. Asking if she was getting away from the people who did this to her, she told them yes, that she was finally getting away from her abusers, who, even after they started bullying her, still wanted free baking and commissions.