Chapter Four - The Trip

No one's POV back in Paris the Monday after Marinette left for Gotham City:

The weekend was finally over and Monday morning Lila was telling yet another lie about how over the weekend "Marinette" had told her that "no one loves you" and "you should jump off the Eiffel tower" and so on. But when Lila and her sheep arrived at school, they couldn't find Marinette anywhere. 

When class started they asked Ms. Bustier but all she knew was that Marinette had taken the final exams early and gotten her diploma a whole year ahead of the class, and then moved out of Paris before the end-of-year ceremony for the Terminale, saying she didn't want the spotlight to be on her. 

The entire class burst into celebration because Marinette would no longer be able to "bully" Lila and everyone could be happy again, even Ms. Bustier was excited that the "liar" and "bully" Marinette was out of her class, everyone was happy that she was gone, and no one asked why she didn't stick around to "bully" Lila more if she was jealous of her. No one saw the gaps in her lies that Marinette did, all those years ago. 

"Now class, we've still got work to do, also, before she left, Marinette entered an essay into the Martha and Thomas Wayne Competition, a competition for one student per class to write an essay and send it to Mr. Wayne about why your class should go on a trip to Gotham City, and she won. In three weeks' time, we will be flying to Gotham City to tour Mr. Wayne's offices and explore the city, we will also be attending Mr. Wayne's end-of-year Christmas Gala

"Oh, Damiboo must have organized the trip once he saw the class list, he already knows that Maritrash is a bully, so he must have realized that I was the one that wrote the essay, not her. Honestly, I don't think I could've made it through Maribrat's bullying without you guys and my Damiboo," Lila says, the class responding with 'awws' and 'thank yous'. "Who's this Damiboo?" asks Ayla, for a minute, jealous that Lila had someone who she hadn't told her about, 'seriously, I'm her bestie!' she exclaimed in her head, "Oh, I wasn't supposed to tell you, but I can trust you, right?" she asks in a fake worried voice.

"Of course, you can, gurl!" exclaims Ayla, slightly offended that she didn't think she could trust them, they were her closest friends. "Okay, well, you have to promise not to say anything, Damiboo's real name is Damien, Damien Wayne." This statement was followed by many people crying out in surprise, but then Lila continued to sound of the girls going, "That's so cute."

"Well, I basically grew up with the Waynes, Bruce was my honorary Dad, seeing as mine didn't stick around and my mum wasn't there much when I was growing up, but Damien and I were put together and we had fun while playing growing up, we've kept in touch and sometimes we're a couple but we keep it on the down low because we don't want too much attention," Lila says, to the people nodding along like her words are gospel.

"Also, yesterday, Damiboo messaged me and asked whether I wanted to be his girlfriend again, but since he's going to college next year, he wants someone who he can call at any time at night, to be there for him, he's such a sweetie, I obviously said yes because he was there for me lots over the past few years, yes I had you guys, and you brought me happiness, but he was so caring and nice, I didn't want to ruin it for us by telling you," Lila says, looking down to cover up her evil smirk, 'these people are so gullible, I mean, Maritrash was the most honest person in the class, and they turned on her for me. 

I. Win. Maritrash.'

And with that, Lila was consoled by the "Akuma Class" not realizing that they threw away an amazing person, all on the words of a liar. All because they refused to and didn't check Lila's facts.