18

*Trish's perspective*

-

Trish and Clay laid on the grass, side by side, shoulders touching. The sun was at an angle so that it soaked their faces with its golden rays.

"Look at that one." Clay said, pointing to a cloud. The two of them were watching the clouds drift lazily by, and this one looked sort of like an elephant. It took him a second to realize that Trish was not looking at the clouds, though. She was looking at him.

"What are you looking at?" Clay asked, a blush forming on his cheeks.

"Your eyes." She replied.

"Why?"

"They're so . . . green."

Clay sat up and looked at her. "They've always been green."

"I know they have. But in this lighting, they're green green." Trish said, still staring into his eyes. "Like . . . emeralds."

-

The next two weeks seemed to fly by.

Trish and Clay met up as many times as they could.

One night, the group went to the dollar store and picked out a bunch of Canadian-exclusive snacks for Drista and Clay to try. Smarties (the chocolate), Aeros, Caramilk, ketchup chips, hickory sticks, kinder eggs, and more. They spent the rest of the afternoon trying all the junk food they bought.

Movie nights, late night calls, mini golfing, tours around Edmonton, anything and everything they were capable of doing, they did.

But it went by much too quickly, Trish thought.

Because Clay was leaving tomorrow.

Trish was currently at his cousin's house in Clay's guest bedroom.

"Ugh, my friends won't stop bugging me. They want me to join them in some game." Clay groaned.

"You can, if you want. I don't mind."

"Are you sure? It shouldn't take too long."

Trish sat down on Clay's bed and nodded. "I'll just sit here and chill."

Clay set up the game on his computer and joined a Discord call.

"Hey guys. I can't play for too long, I don't wanna leave Trish hanging."

Voices mumbled on the other end.

Clay turned toward Trish and removed his headphones. "They wanna say hi."

He extended them towards her and she put them on.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi!" A voice replied.

"Hi Trish."

"Who am I talking to?"

"I'm George and this idiot is Sapnap." Trish vaguely recognized the names from Clay's YouTube videos.

"First of all, George is the idiot. Second, you can call me Nick."

Trish laughed at their childish bickering.

"Okay, well hi Nick and George."

"You know Trish," George said, "Clay has told us a lot about you."

"Oh yeah? Good things I hope?"