09 - Encounter

🩸𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝒱𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒞𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 🩸

Kaia

Dal broke into a peal of laughter. "You said what?!"

I slap her arm. "Shhh!" I warn. The hallways were flooded with individuals looking in our direction. I quickly look at my shoes.

"I messed up, didn't I?" I ask.

Dal shook her head, still giggling. "Yep. Rica holds grudges. I think she still hates me for taking the last vanilla milk in high school." She taps her chin while nodding.

I groan. "I hope this blows over."

Since my little outburst last week, I've had non-stop gossip around me. The stares got to me. Every time I walked into a room. It would suddenly become silent until I sat. Then whispers would pick up.

I just wanted things to return back to normal. I did not like this much attention and preferred to be left alone.

"It will. Rica will find someone else to bother." Dal reassures and maintains the smirk on her face.

"I hope." I huffed.

We both walked together, heading towards the cafeteria. As we walked, I noticed the stares and whispers. I took a deep breath and tried to ignore the attention.

Dal kept me distracted with her stories and jokes, which helped me relax and forget about the stares momentarily.

"OH!" She exclaims, nearly causing me to drop my books.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

She grins. "Oh nothing. I just forgot to mention my brother is throwing a small get together this weekend."

"Oh, sounds fun." I mumbled, my eyes pinned to the choice of food selection.

"You should come." She gently pushed me.

I nervously laughed, rubbing my neck. "I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I'm still trying to get over the whole mess I created."

"You could use this chance to get your mind off the situation and enjoy yourself. Plus that whole ordeal will be forgotten by next week."

I sighed lightly. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt."

She squeals flinging her arms in a tight grip around my neck. I couldn't help but laugh. She stepped back, a wide grin on her face.

"If you want we can get ready together at my house." She suggests. Standing in line for sushi.

"Yeah sure." I nod. I place an order of fried rice and beef.

We grab our order and find a table. Dal is already planning Friday's of what we'll do. It's only Tuesday.

"I can't wait for you to meet Ara, Max and Lisa." she bursts with excitement.

I weakly smile. I wish I was as excited as Dalilah, but unfortunately, I'm not. I'm nervous and scared they'll see through my act and call me out. "Me either."

"I'll text you the details!" She says, stuffing a roll into her mouth.

"That works." I nod, taking a bite of my own food.

After lunch, I walked Dal to her next class to discuss some of our homework from a class we share. I then make my way to the library.

Upon finding it, I was absolutely stunned. The library was very impressive. The walls were lined with bookshelves, and there were comfortable chairs and desks scattered around the room.